Sign in to follow this  
revann1

[Request] Hide Armor, Lamellar Armor, Scale Armor

Incase armor textures are doable, i doubt armor stats are difficult to mod, and if theres ways to create new items, then these new armors would be a good choice to make.

-          Hide Armor = Hide + Carving Knife

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121010224131/elderscrolls/images/3/39/Fur_armor_0006f393.png

-     Lamellar armor = Leather Jacket + Lamellar Layer

Lamellar Layer = Iron Lump + Small Anvil

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fb/3a/ba/fb3abae94abe85e3cdffe42f240dd231.jpg

-      Bone Armor = skeleton + mixed grass OR Skeleton + leather jacket

skeleton = Looted on animals

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/aoc/images/3/3d/Pictish_Hide.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/616?cb=20071219050807

These have no real use, it is made for pure alternative choices to the typical studded armor, or plate armor, and for early game armor.

I definitely approve of hide.  There needs to be something between cloth and leather as leather can be difficult to do as a newer player.

I definitely approve of hide.  There needs to be something between cloth and leather as leather can be difficult to do as a newer player.

It seems like chain is easier than leather to make.

I am always in for new armors especially for the newbie levels!

Cloth also takes some time to initially grow cotton for the loom etc. It takes less time than that to go from hides to leather using just 1Q campfire ash and a clay jar for lye. However you could have cotton and wool padded armors for those not yet up to killing wild baby calves.  You wear it either paired with metal armor, or just alone.

Many medieval troops were given padded gambeson armor while armored knights wore similar under their metal armors. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambeson

A gambeson (or aketon or padded jack or arming doublet) is a padded defensive jacket, worn as armour separately, or combined with mail or plate armour. Gambesons were produced with a sewing technique called quilting. Usually constructed of linen or wool, the stuffing varied, and could be for example scrap cloth or horse hair. During the 14th century, illustrations usually show buttons or laces up the front.

It also looks nice especially if you dye it!

gambeson-200x300.jpg 45.png 

il_570xN.792503765_fl2w.jpg

pikemensm.jpg

***  I also really like the idea of a more rustic looking hide and fur  armors. Didn't mean to derail your suggestions, I have just been hoping for good padded armor sets for some time so maybe they can all get combined into an armor mod. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 2

+1

I'd also like to see different armors with different stats. Such as Silver & Gold chain having higher stats than Iron chain. Similarly Glimmersteel & Addy having higher stats than regular plate.

I don't know about the stat differences idea but I'm all in for some gambeson

+1

I'd also like to see different armors with different stats. Such as Silver & Gold chain having higher stats than Iron chain. Similarly Glimmersteel & Addy having higher stats than regular plate.

Considering how soft gold is, it would probably have less stats than an iron suit of armor :P Unless you alloy it with something, but I can't pretend to know much about metallurgy. But yes, more armor + stat differences would be great!