Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Need real support for /stuck cases

Once again theres a broken game mechanic and the solution is "You dummy, you know that's broken so don't do that." This is a bug that has been reported and a number of threads have been written about it so the devs(can we stop using that word please) the owner and his employees already are aware of this problem but have never offered any solution to it. Sounds to me like their viewpoint is if your spending your hard earned cash on the product we're offering expect to lose game time and any pleasure you get from said product cause we're not going to fix it or even acknowledge that there is a problem.

destroying the roof is an option...been solved similar cases such as this with no fatality...

destroying the roof is an option...been solved similar cases such as this with no fatality...

Destroying my own work because Rolf won't fix his isn't an option if I can avoid it.

((Yes. My priest is /roofstuck again.))

• Like 1

For positioning issues which is what you seem to have, this worked "fixing" a couple of friends.

Have someone with no positioning bug (where you see him is where he's standing) let you on their cart for a couple of minutes, as passenger, then have them drive you around foooor about 30 tiles above ground, then go into a mine and move another 30 tiles in the tunnel before coming back up.   Should snap your position back to normal.

There's a few ways to have your character's position somehow corrupted, in my friend's case it was falling off the map on a bugged mine tile, they seem to have come back with void energy.

For positioning issues which is what you seem to have, this worked "fixing" a couple of friends.

Have someone with no positioning bug (where you see him is where he's standing) let you on their cart for a couple of minutes, as passenger, then have them drive you around foooor about 30 tiles above ground, then go into a mine and move another 30 tiles in the tunnel before coming back up.   Should snap your position back to normal.

There's a few ways to have your character's position somehow corrupted, in my friend's case it was falling off the map on a bugged mine tile, they seem to have come back with void energy.

I have never been able to reach a cart from being roofstuck. Tried several times.

• Like 1

CA/CM will not be allowed to teleport other players.  I am sorry, but this is just never going to happen.  Other than that this is a bug report and a known issue.  GM's can take you out (carefully as some methods will kill you) but it is a DEV issue to fix/resolve.

CA/CM will not be allowed to teleport other players.  I am sorry, but this is just never going to happen.  Other than that this is a bug report and a known issue.  GM's can take you out (carefully as some methods will kill you) but it is a DEV issue to fix/resolve.

• Like 1

I have never been able to reach a cart from being roofstuck. Tried several times.

I meant to fix your positioning, as in the positioning on your player file. If long cart trips aggravate the problem, odds are your player file got corrupted at some point.

When you embark an unbugged person's cart, your position adjusts to theirs.. the moving around is to make sure the server updated it, going in and out of mines adds an extra "making sure" element since your position gets recorded on both the surface and underground.  

Should at least reduce your /stuck incidents.

I meant to fix your positioning, as in the positioning on your player file. If long cart trips aggravate the problem, odds are your player file got corrupted at some point.

When you embark an unbugged person's cart, your position adjusts to theirs.. the moving around is to make sure the server updated it, going in and out of mines adds an extra "making sure" element since your position gets recorded on both the surface and underground.  

Should at least reduce your /stuck incidents.

I try to remember not to enter buildings with my priest as a passenger on a large cart, but do not always remember to do so. I'd hope that fixing a critical bug would be a priority. Especially one that might lead to a scathing review on a gaming site. That's NOT the sort of advertising Wurm needs.

• Like 1

Radni was once stuck on his roof. He got teleported by a GM to my roof, at which point he fell through and died.

-1 because seeing radni die is funny

I don't know why that changed or what changed to make it needing changed

The same thing that made mooring ropes need to be changed.

I got stuck in a roof last week merely from riding into a building. I wasn't getting in or out of the cart. This affected myself, the driver, and the person waiting for us. It's not good customer service, it was not our fault and all our times got wasted.

Speak of the devil - I am stuck on a roof AGAIN. It seems to have gotten worse recently.

Note also - /lotime is inaccurate. I asked the lotime and it said a minute. It took over 6 minutes for my body to disappear (my friend was there to tell me).

Edited by LorraineJ

Ok it just happened yet again, twice in one day. Earlier I got out of a cart in the middle of a room, and went way up on a third story roof. Just now, we were merely entering the building. This was not happening in this building until the past two weeks. We always unload from a hunt in here and I was able to ride in, and jump out in the house with no issue. Something has changed.

Note also - /lotime is inaccurate. I asked the lotime and it said a minute. It took over 6 minutes for my body to disappear (my friend was there to tell me).

If i would guess as to what is happening, your computer appears to be closing down wurm, but if you actually have a peak inside your system processes, the jnlp app is still running (at least, for a short time after you've logged).

It happens almost every time I log off on my computer, and often keeps me in the game world longer than I should be.

OT: As for what this topic suggests in giving CAs+CMs more "power"..... yeah, no.

If i would guess as to what is happening, your computer appears to be closing down wurm, but if you actually have a peak inside your system processes, the jnlp app is still running (at least, for a short time after you've logged).

It happens almost every time I log off on my computer, and often keeps me in the game world longer than I should be.

But it's not just me - lots of times all of us wait quite a while for each other to log out, letting each other know when that real "leave the world" thing happens. Is there something that we should do?

Is there something that we should do?

Assuming you're using a pc (not mac), a few mins before you're ready to log off of Wurm, press alt+ctrl+delete. On Windows OS, you should get a few options to choose from in the screen that pops up. Choose: start task manager.

A new pop-up window will show up on your screen, it will be the task manager, showing you all the apps running on your computer at a given time. These all should be found under the "processes" tab in that pop-up.

You'll notice one of the processes has the name "java" or "jnlp" in its name. It will also probably be the process that is consuming the most amount of memory on your computer. So, to help you easily find it, you can press the word Memory (private), and it will sort the processes by memory used.

When you log out of Wurm, watch that process. Does it stay running for a few minutes after you log off of Wurm? If so, there is your problem.

What you need to do to correct that is right after you've logged off of the game world, find that process in the task manager list, highlight it, and click the "end process" button at the bottom right of the task manager pop-up. That should officially sever your connection from the game and make your character leave the game world.

Assuming you're using a pc (not mac)

Using a Mac but I'll apply the instructions the Mac way. Thanks for writing it!

OT: As for what this topic suggests in giving CAs+CMs more "power"..... yeah, no.

This is only a problem if the "power" given is incompetently coded. This is not a backhanded slap at Rolf. If he puts his mind to it, he's clearly capable of solid coding. It wouldn't be a three minute fix to create a support function to move players safely off the roof of a building when they are floating in the air, but it shouldn't be a terrible difficulty either.