Sign in to follow this  
Zakerak

scorpions are weaker now?

I know there were some changes in animals fight, so that is probably reason, why scorpions now fight differently from what I was used.

First I want to say, I'm not expert fighter. Lets say, I'm skilled. FS above 80, strenght above 50, 2H axe ql90+ and drake armor ql 70-80.

I have scorpion spawner just on perimeter of my deed, so I'm used to meet a lot of them. I was used to kill scorpions in 5 hits, sometimes 4 hits were enough. Perhaps 2-3 more hits for champion.

3 days ago I killed ado champ scorp in 3 hits, wtf I was thinking. And yesterday I met 5 scorpions from ado to venerable, all killed in 3 hits too. Seems, they lost major part of their former armor.

Btw, they now produce nice new sounds in fight and even before, while they are wandering around, thanks to RedBaron, I think :)

Well, this new behavior is nothing gamebreaking for me. It just mean I can kill most beasts in 2-3 hits now. Dunno, how it will be with new trolls or sharks (they had one of the strongest armor before, otherwise harmless) ...

What do you think about changed animals fight? Did you see similar changes to other creatures too?

Champs dont have more HP just hit harder.

3 hits seems normal for the skills you have and the weapon of choice.

Edited by hemrzz

3 hits seems normal for the skills you have and the weapon of choice.

I agree with Hemrzz

I can't judge what happened to the OP but some scorpions are harder now, at least the greenish variant is. I was killing one yesterday - and the greenish scorpion got 5 attacks on me - with the same time stamp. No lag involved.

Here's the relevant combat log:

[21:16:37] The attack to the right calf glances off your armour.
[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion kicks you extremely hard in the right thigh and harms it.
[21:16:37] You skillfully parry with your axe.
[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion claws you extremely hard in the right thigh and harms it.
[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion claws you very hard in the right foot and harms it.

At 21:16:37 the scorpion got 5 attacks on me, 3 times he hit, 1 parry, 1 glance. I got away from the fight, patched me up a bit and then continued the fight with archery. Odd thing was that all arrows hit, while usually arrows tend to glance off the scorpions armour quite a lot.

Thus there's something not quite working as it used to do. And 5 attacks per second is just too much, for someone with crappy armour and body stats it could mean from full health to death in an instant.

I can't judge what happened to the OP but some scorpions are harder now, at least the greenish variant is. I was killing one yesterday - and the greenish scorpion got 5 attacks on me - with the same time stamp. No lag involved.

Here's the relevant combat log:

[21:16:37] The attack to the right calf glances off your armour.

[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion kicks you extremely hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[21:16:37] You skillfully parry with your axe.

[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion claws you extremely hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[21:16:37] Aged greenish scorpion claws you very hard in the right foot and harms it.

At 21:16:37 the scorpion got 5 attacks on me, 3 times he hit, 1 parry, 1 glance. I got away from the fight, patched me up a bit and then continued the fight with archery. Odd thing was that all arrows hit, while usually arrows tend to glance off the scorpions armour quite a lot.

Thus there's something not quite working as it used to do. And 5 attacks per second is just too much, for someone with crappy armour and body stats it could mean from full health to death in an instant.

Yes, this kind of behavior I know from champion scorpions. 2 hits combos are common with sometimes 3 hits combo and occasionally even 4 or 5 hits combo. Such fight might look fine, you are clear winner and next second you are corpse :)

It is always good to have prepared fast enough retreat.

The same tricky tactics you can see in champion trolls or even champ unicorns fights

And greenish or champion, it is not that big difference.

What I wanted point to (in this topic) was, my equip and skills are the same as month ago, but seems at last armor of scorpions was reduced from that time.

Edited by Zakerak

Scorpions have some nasty special moves ,especially during that period where animal special moves ignored armor, going from full to 30% is fun.

Odd thing was that all arrows hit, while usually arrows tend to glance off the scorpions armour quite a lot.

It may have something to do with the glance rate on plate being lowered. Some mobs may have used a sort of plate template for glance rates, which may have been changed as well. Try shooting crocodiles and wild boars. They used to have the same high glance rate as well and may have also changed.

I noticed a change before where huge spiders had some glance (like bears and unicorns), but it was reduced without any patch notes, possibly inadvertently. I can't say I mind either of these. They actually seem like good changes to me, regardless of whether or not they were intended.

Edited by SotG_is_OP