Sign in to follow this  
Branvas

Hire some QA & fix the bugs before going live with new crap

Hire some QA & fix the bugs before going live with new crap!

or continue with the:

If it aint broke, break it

If it's broke, ignore it

That seems to be the current design philosophy!

• Like 1

Who peed in your wheaties?

It's been going on so long one really needs to either accept, or leave.

It's pretty obviously not going to change - rants or not.

It's also pretty obvious for all it's flaws it's been lasting the course fairly well.

Edited by Heboric

Did you really get so offended by those 2 easy-to-solve/easy-to-adapt-to bugs you posted a bit ago?

Thank Magranon you werent playing Wurm 5 years ago...

Better for you to continue with the:

If the game aint fun for you, leave it

If the game annoys you, ignore it

Seriously, if that gets your bloodpresure up so fast, it might be safer to go look for a more bugfree online game.

Wurm is simply known for the bugs, most of us have learned to live with it and Rolf and his team have always fixed the dangerous ones "rahter" quick.

A light not being lit (easy to solve by snuffing and lighting again) and a cart with animals that cant go up a ladder (??!!) (just park it below a ladder and run around dragging a large cart on your second floor), those are peanuts opposed to other bugs we suffered (and got solved).

I'd just recommend wurm take 6 months from making new stuff and finish all current projects and go back and update/fix problems then with everything finished they could speed forward on projects

A good plan, Forgedrake, in theory... Unfortunately it's not that simple.

You can fix every bug in a game, then find twenty more. After fixing those, there'll be another thirty waiting for you. They'd never get around to developing new content if they exclusively focused on fixing issues.

Additionally, while I'm not familiar with the Wurm dev team, I doubt all of them are qualified for bug fixing and really should stick to making new content.

Finally, fixing bugs can become monotonous and boring if it's all you ever do. Game developers are what they are because they like developing games, if you take away their freedom to expand their creativity, then you will soon have no developers, and then no game.

Wurm is simply known for the bugs

That's just embarrassing...

That's just embarrassing...

Quoting only a part of the sentence is even more embarrassing...

The entire line:

"Wurm is simply known for the bugs, most of us have learned to live with it and Rolf and his team have always fixed the dangerous ones "rahter" quick."

As you can see, I mention that the dangerous ones are fixed rather quick. What we learned to live with are the small ones, where the OP seems to deem them big enough to rage about (having to relight the lantern to make it shine, or not being able to go up a ladder with a cart+hitched animals without bugging), while most of us would simply report them and adapt to them till Rolf gets to fixing them when he goes over the bugdatabase.

Edited by Lycanthropic

A good plan, Forgedrake, in theory... Unfortunately it's not that simple.

You can fix every bug in a game, then find twenty more. After fixing those, there'll be another thirty waiting for you. They'd never get around to developing new content if they exclusively focused on fixing issues.

Additionally, while I'm not familiar with the Wurm dev team, I doubt all of them are qualified for bug fixing and really should stick to making new content.

Finally, fixing bugs can become monotonous and boring if it's all you ever do. Game developers are what they are because they like developing games, if you take away their freedom to expand their creativity, then you will soon have no developers, and then no game.

yes as a bug hunter in 4 games (ultima online - star wars online - anarchy online - city of heros for the guy who states label them) I realize this but there is a big difference between fixing every bug and making fixes for them - such as making the stuck function work or a resync command to make horses reappear without having to shut down the entire game - simple fixes that can clear tons of bugs - stuck in a wall /stuck - command that teleport's u to the start town 1 time per week (for those who get stuck in towns or fall in a cave) - I mean we can not fix them all but finishing up bridges - new boat graphics - and such over turtles I think most we know would chose the bridges

Edited by Forgedrake

First step is to create a visible database of known bugs, followed by a priority list, but this is wurm where you get threatened with sanctions by CS for using a bug report!