Sign in to follow this  
Calisthra

Misidentified Lumps as Horseshoes

A couple days ago I made some combined iron lumps, a 44.00ql @ 2.76 kg for imping and a 33.41ql @ 8.66 kg for production. Later also made a 15ql lump. Today, the 44 and the 33 have a horseshoe icon and show the improvable icon to the right of the description. On examine these show an enchant for "Blessings of the Dark" the 33 at 87, the 44 at 89. I tried to combine them when glowing or use them in the craft window, neither is functional because the UI sees them as horseshoes. also tried to BSB them when cooled but received a msg saying "the lump will be destroyed"

Any ideas?

edit: yes, relogged for 5 min, also looked at these with a separate toon.

Edited by Calisthra
  • Like 2

Calisthra, do a /support in game and have a GM come take a look.

Will do. Thanks Alectrys

Just for grins I went and checked on those again this morning after server restart, problem still persists. Hopefully a GM can figure it out :-)

Edited by Calisthra

Will be interested in what you find.  I have a lump with a shield next to it.  I put it aside a couple of months ago.  I Haven't started messing around with it.

Lando, we've had a number of instances with lumps having the wrong icon, however, they act just like regular lumps.  You could put them into bsbs or work with them as lumps.

If you can put yours into a bsb, it's just a regular lump with the odd icon. 

If you cannot add your lump to a bsb, then you should support it as well.

Update:

GM Vesper came by and looked at the errant lumps. Apparently all fields in the database matched horseshoes except the name.

He exchanged these for replacement correct lumps and took the bad ones to the devs. For me problem resolved. :-)

Now the dev team gets to figure out how a thing like this can happen.

On a sidebar note, while making planks for a project yesterday somehow my stack of 6 pinewood logs (~41ql) managed to give me a 58ql birchwood plank along with the usual list of normal pinewood planks. A rare gone wrong maybe? I had sound off during the making of those planks so anything's possible.

Whenever you get a lump with a different icon (horse shoe, frying pan, etc.) just combine it with a normal lump and everything will be working as normal. (Just make sure to active a normal lump before combining otherwise the normal lump will just add weight to the bugged lump).