Sign in to follow this  
CanibalCamel

Fletching?

I've been looking to start a profession, and i kind of like fletching and bowery.

Is there a large market for arrows and High QL bows?

What do arrows generally go for around 50QL.

Does anybody even use bows on freedom?

Folks use bows in a small amount, the market for 50ql arrows runs in spurts, mostly when someone from chaos (pvp server) is looking for a large war arrow order to be filled. Fletching is a fun skill, but unmarketable over all. Bowery would probably also be a tough skill to make money in because bows don't take damage so they don't need to be imped once they've been created and imped initially.

My bow has taken some damage. Just a touch though. Since you are on P/R you probably won't find very many people if anyone interested in arrows. Might be the oddball person trying to do some archery but it won't be as steady as other professions.

... little off topic, why exactly don't the bows take damage? I would imagine stretching the bow would wear it out sooner or later. 

The strings do break and your bow gets damage when you parry / melee against mob with it.

The loss of arrows is already enough big headache.

I wouldnt say fletching sells well, even on chaos. Bowery is better since its less tedious and bows are worth more.

If it helps, I have 76 bowyery and 81 fletching on Release, and of the two bows is the more reliable income. Arrows I have probably sold ~5s worth since I started here this time last year, and most of those went to one crazy guy. Bows obviously sell for less, but people feel happier to buy them since they're less disposable.

Overall neither has a noticeable number of buyers to me though.