Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Server Travel

I think it worked better before because of the caps on the home servers... it made it necessary to sail to the wild server to get higher quality ores/lumps... now, since freedom has no cap, it doesn't really matter, but imo the fight skill reduction is kinda lame...

How about this as a compromise:

[o]Double the skill hit going to Wild.

[o]20s to cross to Freedom.

[o]All items and casts capped at 70 when brought across server boundaries.

[o]F2p on Wild.

1. That would be worse for people wanting to get involved in PvP

2. 20s is fine

3. No item crossing

4. The reason Wild is P2P is because of greifing alts. Buying a greif alt actually minimizes the amount of greifing that is done.

I'm all for allowing server crossing but no item transferring, remove the skill reduction and put a fee on crossing.

[o]F2p on Wild.

4. The reason Wild is P2P is because of greifing alts. Buying a greif alt actually minimizes the amount of greifing that is done.

One of the reasons wild's player base is so small is the fact that it dosen't allow F2P.

wild server is a server which isnt mean for people called at 20 skill and cant ride a horse.. just meatfodder really.

It's lovely how Wild alternates from a grief free utopia here PvP is something rarely encountered, honorable and purely consensual to a dangerous grief prone hardcore slaughter-fest depending on the issue. Somehow it can be taken as a given that F2Ps would somehow be this weeks "it's ruining PvP" based on what happened years ago, but the known long term consequences of having free travel between Wild and a safe zone is somehow insane. The irony clearly escaped most of you.

Why would they hunt on Freedom? We have no animals. A few aggros here and there, but that's it. I just wandered for 3 hours and found no animals save for a few spiders, two crocs and a deer.

How long it's been since you played? wow

`````````````````````````````

-1 to the idea, specially the ore cap, forcing me to go to wild to do anything I can't do on freedom would make me quit, not play more.

The original argument for no travel was because of 'the excess of enchanted items from champions'.

Now that champions are gone, I don't really see how this will be detrimental? The those on freedom willing to pay high premiums for high QL gear, and people on wild willing to pay for bulk materials they do not want to do themselves.

But you forgot that Freedom do have priest with 90+ channeling/faith vs Wild now, so it does affect the server either way.