Sign in to follow this  
Myriad

A way to input outlandish characters

My keyboard is a UK one. English comes without funny characters so typing in English is fine. I do however also communicate with others in French and German. Keyboards from those countries have their own layout with é, ä, ß and such. If people use such keyboards, those characters can be typed just fine.

I can type those characters with alt-combinations (like alt+130, alt+132, alt+225 for the examples I named) and do so routinely in all sorts of programs. Only Wurm doesn't accept them, so I look a bit analphabetic when conversing/typing in those languages  ;D

Would it be possible to let Wurm allow me to type those characters by using alt-combos? (Win XP)

[/lowest priority 'bug'/suggestion ever]

I know é and ä work with ´+e and ¨+a (and other letters like that) at least.

The old (JOGL) client used to fully support Unicode input... The current one is just weird, in the settings you can select one single layout that will work, from some arbitrary list... (for me it shows English, Russian and...  Greek that i don't even speak or have installed in my OS in any shape or form). The third language i speak and have in my OS doesn't show there at all and can't be used in game.

A sane support for Unicode would be nice. The year is 2011 now....

It works fine for me. I have a normal European keyboard and I can type stuff like ßøå© ingame.

using alt-codes?

You're Dutch IIRC, so you have a US keyboard?

using alt-codes?

You're Dutch IIRC, so you have a US keyboard?

Ah, if I try that Wurm types nothing. Maybe it has to do with the locale or the OS. Do you use XP? My locale is Germany, maybe that plays a role, too.

I remember too how alt + number combinations could be used to input special characters under the old JOGL client. Never been able to do so under LWJGL (though most special character input combinations entered with the keyboard work fine).