Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Warhammer - next tier weapons

21de37bcda969556-600x338.jpg
82a798f0-9b9b-11eb-bdff-ef61516a99ac

Once every 8 days, two random artifacts are sent to each map (axe, warhammer, sword).
Players can find them in craters, trapped in rock that emits a rift-like beam.
Each premium character has 1 chance to pull weapon, probability of success depends on skill level (swords, mauls, axes).
Weapons made of random metal (iron, steel, bronze, silver - seem to make the most sense).

Special properties
Common for every weapon type transformation feature.
Player can choose whether to use a given weapon as a two-handed or one-handed weapon, weapon will adapt, this feature can be used all time at no cost.
As a two-handed weapon it deals slightly more damage than its normal two-handed counterpart and as a one-handed weapon it is better than longsword/1h axe/1h maul.

Additional active property is random and only one for a given weapon:
- teleportation to any tile in sight (can be used while stealth),
- summon lightning (mark opponent and press for example 9 to lightning strike him),
- throw (weapon returns to hand)

Each of these abilities costs karma.
Both weapons can be repaired, improved and enchanted as any other normal weapons.

The hunt never ends
Characters who manage to take weapons are randomly assigned roles. One is predator and other is prey.
Now they both have 8 days to practice warhammer skill (or equivalent skills for special sword and axe).

Predator also has ability to locate prey, but at beginning it is not a very accurate clue (hint on map is similar to that in a treasure hunt).
They both also have to hunt mobs to gather kills. If they don't manage to kill enough creatures within 8 days, their weapons fall apart and other player automatically wins.
As predator gains points/mob kills, he receives a more and more accurate location of prey.
If predator finds its prey, they will be able to fight. They shouldn't be able to change weapon during final fight.

If predator wins, his weapon keeps its special properties and he can keep it.
Prey's weapon loses its random ability and can only transform 1h/2h, but it is still better than any normal weapon of this type.

If predator loses duel, his weapon is destroyed while prey's weapon keeps all its properties.

If duel does not take place, both weapons are loosing special active property, but still can transform and both players can keep them.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I think there IS something in PvP like this.  Or maybe "was" .  

• Cat 1

I think another guy made a suggestion like this before, except it was some assassin or witch idea.

This seems a lot more refined. Sure it's PvP with extra steps but I like the little game involved with it. Add a small reward pool to dip into as well? Boost to skills while armed?

Based idea.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I think there IS something in PvP like this.  Or maybe "was" .  

6 hours ago, Simyaci said:

Sounds very PvP

Wurm was designed as a PvP MMO, if I understand correctly, so minor PvP elements could exist on PvE servers. In such quantities, no one would complain about these PvP elements.

2 hours ago, garforl said:

I think another guy made a suggestion like this before, except it was some assassin or witch idea.

This seems a lot more refined. Sure it's PvP with extra steps but I like the little game involved with it. Add a small reward pool to dip into as well? Boost to skills while armed?

Based idea.

As for reward, in my opinion, weapon would be enough, in this way, slowly, without flooding the market, new, better weapons would come into use, which seems to be a justified solution given many years of character development.
As they were upgraded, they would become rare... which would make them unique weapons worth a fortune and different combinations of weapon type + active property + weapon spells cast by priests would give a bit more variety and fun. This wouldn't be a weapon you could order just like that.

Addition:
You could also try to add a 4th and 5th type of weapon, 1h/2h spear, which can be drawn from stone using polearms skill and 1h/2h khopesh, which would be equivalent of sickle next tier.
Which would add 5 new weapons and 5 new skills as submenu in Ancient/Artifact Weapons skill.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Darnok said:

In such quantities, no one would complain about these PvP elements.

"I surveyed no people, and they all agreed with me"

To be clear, I'm complaining about these PvP elements on PvE servers. Keep them to PvP

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Arronicus said:

"I surveyed no people, and they all agreed with me"

To be clear, I'm complaining about these PvP elements on PvE servers. Keep them to PvP

More like the already established duel / spar option we have, but turned into a minigame.

Another cool world event. More the merrier.

22 hours ago, Darnok said:

Wurm was designed as a PvP MMO,

Doesn't matter.  Wurm has PvP servers and PvE servers.  PvE is not for PvP stuff.  

Either way, I was merely pointing out that I think there is already some kind of unique artifact weapon in PvP.   

• Cat 1

9 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

Doesn't matter.  Wurm has PvP servers and PvE servers.  PvE is not for PvP stuff.  

Either way, I was merely pointing out that I think there is already some kind of unique artifact weapon in PvP.   

And in PvE there is code for duel, but it is rarely used, so part of idea already exists in some form.

• Like 1