Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Invasion of the elves

Posted (edited)

Dragon-Galley.jpg

The elves arrive in ships like no one has ever seen.

Masts give impression that wood or rather tree is still alive, it does not produce fruit, but it can be cut down to give fellen tree of new type.

Ship can be dismantled into parts, while developing ship building skill.

After dismantling a sufficient number of ships, character discovers/learns to build this new type of ship from any wood, but with no special properties.

Elves come in 3 types:

- Shadow Summoner - armed with staff, creates few illusions of himself that surround character, only real NPC deals damage, but player does not know which of elves surrounding him is real and to whom he should attack.
Loot: a single use scroll with spell to summon two shadows at once.

- Ship Captain - armed with two scimitars with LT like spell and medium armor. Loot: a map and captain's notes, which, when studied and deciphered from foreign language, can give a clue to location of island (new map) where they have a base.

- Frost Archer - armed with light armor, a short bow with ice arrows and two short swords. Loot: ice arrows that slow opponent's attack speed, but have no effect on movement speed, so new players can escape from him without problem.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 2

I'm not sure I follow here. Are you suggesting that we add a new NPC race to the game? You are aware that we have Goblin Camps still being worked on, right?

• Like 1

-1 No. Reason? Elves dont necessarily fit the "wurm ecological system"

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

-1 No. Reason? Elves dont necessarily fit the "wurm ecological system"

I don't agree with this, especially since wurm has different deities for which you can create different visual styles.

Over time ability to adopt/learn new weapons and armors crafting technologies from such an NPC race could be developed.

norse_elves-1024x518.jpg

Norse-Mythology-Dark-Elves-1024x509.jpg

dark-elf-name-generator.jpg

Most-powerful-elves.jpg

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fencejumper said:

I'm not sure I follow here. Are you suggesting that we add a new NPC race to the game? You are aware that we have Goblin Camps still being worked on, right?

Every NPC in wurm is basically wild.
I think we could have more civilized opponent, NPCs who also follow different religions and depending on them, have different skill sets.

If goblin camp mechanics is going to be added, adding new, visually different camps/ships for other NPCs shouldn't be that difficult.

Edited by Darnok

funny enough, *gemini ai*, so.. wurm creatures are a bit random

Ee6Hvdf.png

We need completely savage elves that protect the forests. I don't want the seas to become unsafe. 

They could drop bows and arrows which would be pretty cool and would introduce PvE players to using bow and arrows. Willow bows so we don't have to cut down the few willow trees existing in the wilderness. They wouldn't drop high ql and not many so people would still rely on making or buying their bow and arrows but at last they would be introduced to ranged combat by being given those at a lower level for free. 

They could have a large aggro range so they could start hitting you from distance already with arrows and that would make shields more relevant for PvE. 

They'd engage in melee once you got closer to them and their melee would be more deadly. 

They'd be farming the newbies if allowed to spawn anywhere so they should only spawn where there are Oak and Willow trees. 

It would be pretty cool if you had some arrow damage on you whenever you damage cut down Oak and Willow trees like bee stings (but actually lets you cut the tree).