The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Morbidae

Beverages with caffeine

The info might need some reworking since currently all the information makes one believe that whilst the consumption rate of sleep bonus is doubled, also the skill gain is doubled. Which apparently is not the case. I think this needs some clarification. :)

Hi Morbidae,

Can you be more specific about what you think needs changing?

Currently the Caffeine page states: "Caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee cause the player to use sleep bonus at an accelerated rate providing a means of faster skill gain than using sleep bonus alone. Sleep bonus can be used 1 to 2 times the normal rate depending on caffeine effect level."

Also it says: "The maximum caffeine effect is 100 which yields a 2x sleep bonus use rate."

I don't see anywhere where "double skill gain" is mentioned.

The Beverages page states: "Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee grant a caffeine effect. Which affects the rate at which sleep bonus is used."

There's no mention of Double skill gain there either.  Please point me in the right direction to the incorrect info. Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Manachan said:

Hi Morbidae,

Can you be more specific about what you think needs changing?

Currently the Caffeine page states: "Caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee cause the player to use sleep bonus at an accelerated rate providing a means of faster skill gain than using sleep bonus alone. Sleep bonus can be used 1 to 2 times the normal rate depending on caffeine effect level."

Also it says: "The maximum caffeine effect is 100 which yields a 2x sleep bonus use rate."

I don't see anywhere where "double skill gain" is mentioned.

The Beverages page states: "Caffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee grant a caffeine effect. Which affects the rate at which sleep bonus is used."

There's no mention of Double skill gain there either.  Please point me in the right direction to the incorrect info. Thanks!

Think she means this bit:

"caffeine can be used to increase the effect and consumption rate of sleep bonus up to 2x the normal rate at 100 caffeine power." Implying it doubles the effect aka 2x SB skill gain.

• Like 1

I think some information about the effect on skill gain is missing. Normally (except in cases of RoS) I do not use caffeine to get rid of sleep bonus faster but to get more skill gain on a finite set of actions limited e.g. by materials like walnut or oak trees harvested.

From

Tea - Wurmpedia 

• If it's low quality (10ql or less), it will not be drinkable at all.

I believe that was changed to below 5ql (at least on the Northern servers) for all drinks.

I can test with an alt if necessary, but not today...

Ah thanks for chiming in there. i didn't see there was an answer/question it seems. :)