Finnn

Is there reason for the game to run in 60hz?

Game forces 165hz monitor to run into 60hz.. this happens in:

fullscreen borderless:

- This enforces monitor change into 60hz directly from the start of the game

fullscreen:

- enforces 60hz while in game.. if alt+tab is used ... monitor remains 165hz.. but each time there's alt-tabbing monitor takes it's time to switch modes.. which is neither pleasant nor ideal(game still runs in 60hz)

Windowed Resizable.. works.. but during load it starts as ~95% of the screen, requiring fast double click during load on the title bar.. also it runs obviously in unpleasant window as "application", pretty annoying for a game, and here we have it... 165hz in game and 165 desktop..

* why the quick clicks on title bar.. if missed it messes up the UI.. since it wont fit and ruins UI configuration since wurm uses positions by pixels not % positioning for the UI elements, I guess.. 

So.. what enforces lower hz during fullscreen modes?

Settings are configured to use 165hz.. but wont.

144Hz screen, same issue though.

Can only play in "fullscreen" when quickly maximizing the resizeable window while the game loads into the world.

Could be a long standing old issue though?

minecraft players seem to suffer from same thing, could be something from the engine/renderer/..

I saw the settings have HZ configuration.. I set what should be and never looked back... then realized.. game is in 60hz.. and on top.. what I normally use fullscreen-borderless or windowed fullscreen as wurm client calls it.. forces 60hz refresh rate, played around with the settings a bit and found the other mode.. and currently the awful windowed mode.. to use higher refresh rate : /

Sounds like a Windows problem. I have been running Wurm vsynced to 120Hz for a while now on Linux (Plasma Wayland, Mesa 23.3 on amdgpu, Java 17).

other games run in 165hz.. but of course there it's with directx, etc.. not talking about other java apps..

wurm runs in 165hz if it's in application window mode.. but in fullscreen something seems to limit or force this lower refresh rate, even though there are settings for this but they do not seem to work or provide feedback what forces different behavior;

seems like strictly wurm / lwjgl issue, given minecraft players also experience it.. makes me wonder what could be forcing it;

@Armydo you have tech experts able to help, trying to get into the age of 2k - 4k gaming.. 

fixed.. unsure why.. tried old profile and worked fine, some driver etc updated, tried too much to narrow what resolved it.. for the moment it's ok

Hello,
I have the opposite problem. I can't turn Vsync on and/or change the 165hz down to lower for my crappy 1080p monitor. I'm afraid this might cause some problems to my monitor but after saving with Vsync on it always returns to 165hz/Vsync off. I'm currently playing at 1080p with windowed fullscreen (because I tab out a lot) on Windows10.

How can I turn Vsync on or the rate down to 50/60hz???