Sign in to follow this  
antonslavick

Enhancing Naval Gameplay and Kingdom Identity through PMK Ships

I am an avid player of Wurm Online, and I've been greatly enjoying the expansive world, complex crafting systems, and the social dynamics of player-made kingdoms (PMKs). One aspect of the game that could be further enriched is the naval gameplay, particularly through the incorporation of PMK-specific ships.

Why Add PMK Ships?

1 **Kingdom Identity**: Just as PMK banners, Wagons and Tents allow players to express the identity of their kingdoms, PMK ships could add another layer of individuality and pride to each kingdom.

2. **Economic Impact**: New resources and crafting requirements for PMK ships would stimulate the in-game economy, providing more opportunities for trade and specialization.

3. **Engagement**: The process of gathering resources, and ultimately building a PMK ship would be a long-term goal that could keep players engaged.

How Could This Be Implemented?

1. **Customization**: Allow PMKs to create custom ship designs, much like how banners and wagons are customized. These could include special sails, hull designs.

2. **New Resources**: Introduce new materials required for the crafting of PMK ships, which could range from rare woods to specialized metal alloys.

Possible Challenges and Solutions

1. **Resource Drain**: Introducing new materials should not make the game grind-heavy. These new materials could be designed to be supplemental rather than a necessity for other aspects of gameplay.

Edited by antonslavick
  • Like 2

-1 This is wurm not sea of thieves

Edited by DADLER

4 minutes ago, DADLER said:

In what aspect does this make you think of sea of thieves

3 minutes ago, Atndy said:

-1 I see no mention of the silver shop.

why would there be a mention of the silver shop?

yes please ^^ would love to see more variety especially when it comes to ship sail designs.
Not sure if you also meant completely new ship types aswell, but we did have the same kind of ships for a long time now, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some more (and maybe figure out some new niche uses that are more pvp oriented)

8 hours ago, DADLER said:

The Defiance map seed lends itself to limited naval combat, thus a major inability to display said PMK sails proudly.  The only other option would be to pvp on ship transporters.

Actually I think they should introduce fighting with ships, I know someone said "this is not seas of thieves" but Wurm is missing fighting on sea, they only have it on land right now. They could have roaming pirate ships with things on board, rum especially. Add some new ships to the game, a galley which was used for warfare. There is so much the game can improve upon and it will have to if the game is to move forwards. It can't stay as it is forever without improvements and additions, I'm surprised it has lasted this long.

Edited by DannyUK

Things like shields with some kind of heraldry should have been added long time ago, but this kind of stuff should be thoughtful and analyzed very well. Firstly first, if we want more PMK stuff in the game, this:

should be added firstly