Sign in to follow this  
Muse

QoL : Lower Mine Ceilings with Concrete

This is not a new request.  It has been requested so many times that I think that these requests should be brought together in a thread to show the depth of feeling on the subject.

Please let us add concrete to a mine ceiling to lower the ceiling. 

If we can mine a ceiling higher without changing the floor (using pickaxe), then is should be possible to do the opposite - lower the ceiling without changing the floor (using concrete).

A minimum height could be agreed (say 33 dirt) and a check would need to be made for mine entrances, bridges and multi-storey underground buildings which could be affected.

Just this evening another newer player asked in CA Help if the mine ceiling could be lowered using concrete - intuitively it should be possible, and useful, and that's why folk keep asking. 

If it is not possible by reasons of deliberate design, then the reasons for this should perhaps be made clearer.

Thank you! :) 

Spoiler

Edited by Muse
  • Like 9

I once did much collating of threads on the suggestions forum before i stopped playing.
a noble cause, i salute you.

Edited by Steveleeb

This would save a lot of headaches, especially when taking over a previously disbanded deed.  I am still wondering how to fix the ceiling chaos in my underground deed.

• Like 1