Sign in to follow this  
Cipacadrinho

Tarkovurmnite pevepe

Hi!

What if the devs delete all pvp servers and instead we all sit on pve servers and sign up for a pvp scenario and when a fixed number of players are in the queue a small map is generated and everyone spawns in naked and have to run around collecting gear and then make it like king of the hill (last person standing) or extraction based (have to defend the extraction point for a set ammount of time and maybe have to fight off waves of pve mobs and/or the players in the other team)

And you either get to choose 1-2 items you found and used during that scenario or get some points system similar to marks that you can use to buy skins or anything non pay to win.

Sort of a Tarkov vs Fortnite vs Wurm... in VR! :)

I know that removing pvp servers is not realistic because deeds and history and pmk's but they should not be mutually exclusive at the end of the day. If anything ppl could convice their pve focused friends to sing up for some of these and then realise they like it and end up joining a kingdom on a pvp server.

And would need some type of matchmaking to prevent lopsided teams.. one  could be some kind of mmr so that if you keep winning you get placed in same team with people that are not doing so well? Or maybe characteristics and fs brackets?

L.E. Maybe it does not have to be strictly pvp related either? You could have pve scenario's too where you have to find an avatar or a traitor mob firts while collecting gear fighting off pve mobs and maybe collect cluess as to where your goal could be and the first 3 people (or first 3 teams) to complete the objective could get similar marks to buy non pay to win stuff with?

What would this accomplish? Add some dynamic to the monotone chill life of wurm and get to explore a random generated pristine world where you see only nature and none of the old persistent player impact of the players on the proper server maps while having the sense of urgency. 

Basically a change of pace! Who knows might even make skills like tracking worth grinding or even better get to grind that while playing the scenario and have it go up naturally.

Could also be stuff like a map that also has ancient ruins you have to find thru cluess then archeologise them as a team then bring your fragments together and combine them to get like a treasure map type clue then go and dig up that chest to complete the map?

Could we even get AI generated labirinths anyone?:) And the first 3 out also get a points reward or something?

The world is our oyster guys!:)

L.E.2 What has been the "dream" of every other larger MMO's out there? More specific of the playersbase? Player housing and terraforming right? Taht was supposed to complement the MMO part.What if i told you that  Wurm, ironically, has the player housing, crafting and the terraforming but lacks alot of the MMO parts and this and stuff like gnoblin camps and holy sites could help develop towards that?

L.E.3 Last edit i promise! :) What if we put a bit of cs:go in it too? You make a pvp scenario where half the players play as well players and the other half as the mobs or zombies or scenario specific mobs. And you have basically T vs CT and you win by killing the other team or the T have to build an altar in the CT base and the CT have to desecrate it.

Edited by Cipacadrinho

I would like to DM (or GM) a player vs player Wurm TTRPG style combat session focused around the current PMKs.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cipacadrinho said:

What if the devs delete all pvp servers

You mean delete things people pumped 1000s of euros in to?

As someone who has never set foot on a PvP server since Exodus was added and largely against PvP mixing with PvE because of all the drama which has affected me personally as well - NO.

There is over a decade of people's work there. All the money spent on upkeep and items back in RMT days included. As much as i'm not a fan of PvP in Wurm, i wouldn't do that to anybody.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 6:25 PM, Locath said:

You mean delete things people pumped 1000s of euros in to?

Yes, those, delete them. You make it sound like you and others made Wurm Online some favor by spending all that money in game and now you get to decide what they are allowed to more forward from.

Not to mention those people that spent so much money according to you are not even playing anymore but guess they get to log in 2-3 days/year type "wormr onlinr" in chat hoping someone would react so they can proclaim how great they think they were 10 years ago.

Spoiler: nerds spend alot of money in all MMO's but none has the nerve to pretend they are owed something in return.

Wurm Online is a business, they have to make income now they can't live on income from years ago. 

If you buy a Tesla and get all the optional stuff on it you don't get to decide what the next model is gonna look or function like just because "i spent alot of money on my Tesla"  back in the day.

1 minute ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Yes, those, delete them. <snip>

Care to ask those affected? 

It doesn't bother me personally, since i don't play there but being a decent person isn't that out of line in my opinion.

I can fly spaceships for free in other MMOs as well. 

You look at it like something designed to "hurt the legacy" of players that have long stopped playing Wurm anyways.

Is not, is ment as a way to update the features of the game to the  current industry standards.

Wurm does not have to re-invent the wheel everytime they need to update their competitivness.

There are plenty of games that took what worked for others then made it succesfull for them: Path of Exile is pretty much Diablo no? LoL is dota that is a mod for warcraft no? God forbid Wurm can be something more than just a build and terraform but we all like to brag how it is the most sandbox MMO out there. When in fact is not really because, like i said in the first post, it offers alot on player housing and crafting but has "primitive" features in terms of other activities people would like to do in an MMO.

And whenever i bring it up ppl go like:  hue hue hue wurmians dont care about combat or pvp or exploration they like to build and craft mostly. Well yeah because the people that would like to focus on those other activities don't stick around and play while the ones that like to focus on buildign and crafting do. Is a build it and they will come type of situation. If you open a tea house and sell only tea you will have mostly tea drinkers as customers. Makes sense?

And implementing that requires deleting servers? I'd go for Xanadu then, that uses more resources per capita than any of the other servers.

Again, i don't do PvP and never will in Wurm but removing years of someone's work for no real reason, other than driving them away and introducing a replacement system instead of additional system and having them both work alongside each other, doesn't seem like a good stunt.

• Like 1