Sign in to follow this  
Sovos

Leading Animals Near Buildings

I've noticed that if you try to lead animals around the corner of a house, instead of pathing around it like they do with fences, they just stop being led period if you cut the corner too sharp. This leads to situations where it is impossible to pull animals out of buildings if you have a 1 tile road between structures or it being extremely hard to lead animals through narrows areas in general without them getting stuck. Shouldn't this work similar to how animals view fences when being led?

Edited by Sovos
  • Like 2

I agree. Animals are always getting stuck in Drothic's castle walls on the way to the pens due to the tight turn I have to make. Would be nice if this issue was corrected.

True, it is a pain since long time. I fear it is kinda design flaw rather than a bug, and honestly, I am not ovrly hopeful that it is going away anytime soon. A comment by the devs would be helpful.

When I design my deed, this is a primary concern. I try to make most corners fences, not walls. I try to make roads away from buildings. And mostly, I avoid single lane roads between buildings.

Edited by Kelody

I've lost a number of animals this way. One time it was a rare horse in a group of 4 I was leading home. The rare horse got snagged on a deed building. I retrieved it hours later off deed, but it made me think how I could've lost it entirely due to deed perms. 

Also sometimes I forget to unlead an animal after breeding, and they can get snagged on a building and wander off deed. I lose animals this way from time to time. I have brand anything I'm afraid of losing despite a branding limit. 

EDIT: I have speed trait horses I can't brand due to  brand limit, I guess I need to fence my whole deed in already so I don't lose them. Lol

Edited by Toby