The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Ols

Christmas Impalong

Who decided on this location?

Its the same place where the Millenium impalong was held it is a good spot.

I'll definatly be there at xmas for the festive fun :D

I think its a good idea to ask Rolf as to where he thought santa could go. And we can explain why it would be nice for him to come here :) There is probs nothing to say santa can't come to more than 1 place as he does on wild. Would probs be a good idea for Santa to be both at Samling and the impalong site

Who decided on this location?

Its the same place where the Millenium impalong was held it is a good spot.

I'll definatly be there at xmas for the festive fun :D

I think its a good idea to ask Rolf as to where he thought santa could go. And we can explain why it would be nice for him to come here :) There is probs nothing to say santa can't come to more than 1 place as he does on wild. Would probs be a good idea for Santa to be both at Samling and the impalong site

Where's the impalong site? I wasn't paying much attention to the Millenium Implalong.

its near merchant town and cave canal, its very central location, well worth speaking to rolf about it.

Speaking of Christmas, I wonder what Rolf has in store for us this year.

Hopefully not another ql gaining wand that makes giant rock dongs in caves.

what?

During the Impalong I'm thinking I might host a Sparring Championship. Winner gets a prize?

Wait, there is a second merchant town?  There is a merchant town just north of my town (Oak Point)...  We are only 15 min south of samling... 

Ols and me started to plan the arena. would anyone like to help make the armors/weapons (not much skill needed just 20ql stuff). I'll make another post on the fighting classes. would anyone like to come and help build at the impalong site?

That is very tempting, however I just had several new members move in to my town.  I have already had to make one trip before they have settled in, and don't want to have to make another.  Maybe closer to Christmas I can come down and help though...

Have them come aswell. They need the skills and it'll be fun. I'm bored alone here  :-X

Here's the arena plan.

arena.png

Changed the plan slightly, the slope between stands and arena is 31, and the stands slope 20 down to impove visibility.

forgot to post on sunday, but the terraforming is 95% done and friday-sunday i'll be there probably and working on the buildings for it and walls.

Probably around 21-26th December or something simmilar. Perhaps a smaller event at New Year.

I could make a small horse racetrack, but not a hugely impressive one.

*Bump*

Need to start working on this before Christmas, any volunteers?

Need to start working on this before Christmas, any volunteers?

What needs to be done?

Not sure right now, i gotta finish the arena, maybe make the racetrack and just make the area nicer. I was wondering if people wanted special accommodations and specific rooms for certain trades.

I think the building we have atm should be big enough. May need more barrels/chests for leather/carp items that people will want imped. Also may be worth getting some alters at the main section so priests can do casting where the tools are.

Last christmas impalong on jkh there wasn't enough forge room, I think we had 3 forges. How many are there here?

If 3 or less, it might be a good idea to put a few cauldrons in each, that can help make a lot more room.

4 I think, I'll check when i get home. We can always make more or place new buildings. Mag and Vyn Priests benefit from altars nearby, Fo do not, but i don't see that as a problem if they cant enchant much.

Leatherworking, Tailoring and Carp can probably get its own building, gives much more space to the Smiths.

iirc there are 4 forges there atm. There is space for more. But cauldrons would be good.

iirc mr-home had 3 forges, and that was no where near the same number of people, id say about 6+ at 70ql+ ^^ filled with ore, in a house i built so i can lock it for me ^^