Sign in to follow this  
Elsa

Adventuer or Creative?

I pondering on playing on single player, and not sure which mode is more fun. Adventure or Creative? 

Creative if you want to start from sctatch.

Adventure for some infrastructure in place.

My guess is start adventure to learn a bit more and stay in start town. 

Then when you can more you move to Creative and survive from start. 

i find adventure map a little annoying myself  because of the numerous  PVP kingdom issues  and clunky NPCs, so i always choose creative, but keenan said he is working on some NEW MAPS (presets) in addition to Adventure/Creative and it's possible one of those could even double as sort of a "tutorial-guided" type enviroment, ie a starting town with a mine and workshop  then you are encouraged to go off into the wilderness on your own once you feel ready.. ...

In fact that might make a nice compromise on lack of tutorial, for brand new people who start the game with ZERO idea what they are doing .. I suggest a first timers map named something like Novicio  with a smaller map 512x512 that runs good on older systems, fewer aggressive creatures, some starter roads that end at some Point of Interest (clay deposit, boat dock, tar pit)   plus a little start town  hamlet or  a rustic hermit's place with a tiny "iron only" mine and primitive 3x4 workshop and an NPC programmed to give "Book of knowledge" type responses if you send the right KEYWORD to them in a dialogue...

"How do i make a HOUSE?"    "How do i find FOOD?"    "How do I cut down a TREE?"  "How do I make a MINE?"  "What should I do FIRST?"  "I am LOST!"  "Where is WATER?" "where is CLAY?"

"If you want to learn to make a HOUSE, say  'yes!!' and I can explain how,  otherwise please rephrase the question ..."

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

There are some other notable differences between Adventure and Creative. The Adventure map has 3 kingdoms, each with a starter town. There are also a lot of hidden things spread across the map - boats, chests with high quality gear, and other things waiting to be discovered. The starter towns have a trader that you can buy and sell stuff, a bartender which will give you refreshment when you are first starting, and a tutorial that goes over some very basic stuff. The Creative map is a blank slate - no towns, hidden treasures or NPCs of any kind, and no kingdoms.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

... an NPC programmed to give "Book of knowledge" type responses if you send the right KEYWORD to them in a dialogue...

"How do i make a HOUSE?"    "How do i find FOOD?"    "How do I cut down a TREE?"  "How do I make a MINE?"  "What should I do FIRST?"  "I am LOST!"  "Where is WATER?" "where is CLAY?"

"If you want to learn to make a HOUSE, say  'yes!!' and I can explain how,  otherwise please rephrase the question ..."

Have you done this? How do you give NPCs Dialog?  This is the biggest issue I am having to making the server I want to have.

Thanks - Xil