Sign in to follow this  
Zakerak

Let us load/unload and push/pull all rift decorative objects

First more or less succesfull round of rifts is finished on freedom. And all servers have now their corrupted area with rift objects. It is easy to smooth terrain again, any Wurmian with shovel can do it. Plant grass and trees can anybody as well, or it will happen itself in some time ...

But there are rather durable rift decoration objects left too. They are as hard to bash as  high quality stone walls offdeed. And that objects looks cool. It would be pity just destroy them or let them decay in time.

Let us load them on carts, wagons or even on ships to relocate them on our deeds as decoration. Push/pull and rotate could be very usefull too. I'm not much interested in not repairable/improveable shoulders or useless jewelry. But such hunted tree placed on fields with some crystal here and there, it should be really cool.

And it could help to clear corrupted rift areas and return them to their former beauty.

Please devs, help us to keep wurm sandbox and creative. Let us use what will remains after closed rifts.

big thanks,

Wurm addicted Zak :P

Edited by Zakerak

maybe some how make it possible to put those in peoples names and give them a messge they were "awarded" the object for being part of it? that way its not just people sticking around to try and get it before some one else when it closes.

+1

14 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

maybe some how make it possible to put those in peoples names and give them a messge they were "awarded" the object for being part of it? that way its not just people sticking around to try and get it before some one else when it closes.

+1

I'm not sure, if this is wise idea.

What if that participant will not want his "heavy" award. It will stay there and as property of someone, it will even be not bash able? worse than now

5 minutes ago, Zakerak said:

I'm not sure, if this is wise idea.

What if that participant will not want his "heavy" award. It will stay there and as property of someone, it will even be not bash able? worse than now

It can be made like other objects (carts etc) that can be transferred to other players.

or just make them auto-delete when rift closes...

K.I.S.S.

Might be fun to be able to take or load the decorations (though only after the event, not during). Would certainly help in returning the area to it's former state. And might even garner some goodwill to the rifts from those not interested in the fighting-part of it (but seeing their surroundings going to ruins) :)

And if above is deemed too much work: then yes, KISS-solution - delete all objects together with ending of rifts please.

Yesterday I was again on Indy Rift area behind my deed to check damage on rift objects. Seems, there is damage from 2 to 4. If it will continue linearly, in 3 or 4 months most objects should disappear ...