Sign in to follow this  
mrtacgnol

Enable f2p on hots home

Yes because a dozen or so players that you can bash around are really going to make a difference; if you haven't realized yet all the home servers are suffering and I doubt that making Affliction F2P will improve Epic in the slightest.

And heaven forbid that you choose to leave Affliction. ::)

This is flat out un-true. Please do your research before you try to tell me I'm wrong.

The real issue is BL should never have had a home server, Rolf knew this in the beginning but relented to people whining.

As it stands BL home created a window of opportunity for HOTS to take important early game advantages that no one else had access to, this overpowered HOTS and drove the epic community to low numbers we see now. GJ.

You were right before the whining Rolf and even after you relented and gave them what they want you were right...

The size of the HOTS home server is probably GV size. The reason for this is mainly that I think it will be pretty desolate and will only use up expensive server resources. Or do you think you'll want to settle there in large amounts?

The real issue is BL should never have had a home server, Rolf knew this in the beginning but relented to people whining.

As it stands BL home created a window of opportunity for HOTS to take important early game advantages that no one else had access to, this overpowered HOTS and drove the epic community to low numbers we see now. GJ.

You were right before the whining Rolf and even after you relented and gave them what they want you were right...

The size of the HOTS home server is probably GV size. The reason for this is mainly that I think it will be pretty desolate and will only use up expensive server resources. Or do you think you'll want to settle there in large amounts?

Uhhhhhhh, how did we have a window of opportunity? MR and JK both have home servers, and joining them would have given you the same advantages of joining us, except even more so because they have free players on top of paid players. I don't get it, is playing the game a window of opportunity?

The reason is, why should free players be allowed to have this? Pay to play includes eating human meat, instantly healing yourself on Myceilum, and killing other people in your kingdom without losing alignment.

I don't think the lore supports HOTS as an entry level kingdom.

The HOTS bonuses are justifiably premium only options.

The reason is, why should free players be allowed to have this? Pay to play includes eating human meat, instantly healing yourself on Myceilum, and killing other people in your kingdom without losing alignment.

Because these bonuses are balanced out by nerfs that we have. If we were overpowered purely on a premium vs. premium basis then it would be nerfed to be equal anyway because of the crybaby brigade on the forums. Don't give me this stuff about us being overpowered or something of that nature when we just aren't. Are you even on BL home? Do you realize how few players there are? Don't tell me that our home server can't have free players when we are literally 10% of the population of other home servers because we cant have free players. If the intention was to get more players to go BL, it isn't working.

I don't think the lore supports HOTS as an entry level kingdom.

The HOTS bonuses are justifiably premium only options.

Justify it. Factor in the various nerfs we have. Last I heard there was no wurm lore.

Sorry HOTS home is not comparable to any other home server. It is smaller with the same animal cap. You don't have to even walk around to hunt the animals spawn on you as you kill them off. That is how so many BL got 70 fs in a day or two or w/e waaaaay ahead of anyone else. No one else but HOTS had this benefit, couple that with myc and there you go.

So you had OP hots players running around with advantages no one else had or could match and it pushed people to quit due to the disparity.

Epic was supposed to be a fresh start for everyone on a clean slate but it didn't turn out that way, HOTS was way ahead of everyone else due to the game mechanics and the home server jock and the others whined for to get, against Rolfs better judgement.

Can you dispute any of these facts?

HoTs is a seperate gameplay from the regular jk/mr - it is a perk you need to be premium for. It is one of those things that people prem up for, like boats and mounts. Remove that, and I'm sure Rolf will see a lot less income. It's supposed to be the exclusive part of wurm that you don't just walk into the second you start.

And don't tell anyone who doesn't share your opinion a troll, that's just plain stupid. You're asking for a change, people can dislike it as much as they like without having to give a valid reason for it, just simply becuase they don't like it is a good enough reason to -1.

Sorry HOTS home is not comparable to any other home server. It is smaller with the same animal cap. You don't have to even walk around to hunt the animals spawn on you as you kill them off. That is how so many BL got 70 fs in a day or two or w/e waaaaay ahead of anyone else. No one else but HOTS had this benefit, couple that with myc and there you go.

So you had OP hots players running around with advantages no one else had or could match and it pushed peopel to quit due to the disparity.

Epic was supposed to be a fresh start for everyone on a clean slate but it didn't turn out that way, HOTS was way ahead of everyone else due to the game mechanics and the home server jock and the others whined for to get, against Rolfs better judgement.

Can you dispute any opf these facts?

If we were the ones choosing I'm sure we would have picked the bigger server as well, We were not the ones choosing, rolf was. I'm sure if the animal cap was reduced to be equal with the other servers, nobody would complain because it would be only fair. Don't use mycelium as an argument as it is pretty much worthless in any situation where it matters. In case you didn't know, mycelium takes, at random, one of your (probably numerous) wounds and heals it for a tiny amount, and then there is a 30 second cooldown. On top of that, animals cannot graze on mycelium so all of our animals are starving/dead. The reason that BL players got 70 fs is because they made an effort to do so. I have visited all 3 home servers extensively and all I ever saw on JK and MR were people cowering inside of their deeds playing with spindles. If they had bothered to go out and hunt animals, they would have gotten FS as well. There were also a few players on those servers who had good FS and they hunted us down and in some cases killed us.

I'd like to see the acutal reasons players quit, I'm willing to bet a lot of them are because the game is broken and not fun in MANY ways. I'm not a fan of players quitting for any reason because the game is already dead enough as it is, And if you are referring to elevation (which you must be because the other 2 home servers populations are 5x our population) then your argument is invalid because I am approaching this from an equality between home servers argument. There was nothing stopping the other kingdoms from coming to our server and hunting than there would be on the other servers.

HoTs is a seperate gameplay from the regular jk/mr - it is a perk you need to be premium for. It is one of those things that people prem up for, like boats and mounts. Remove that, and I'm sure Rolf will see a lot less income. It's supposed to be the exclusive part of wurm that you don't just walk into the second you start.

And don't tell anyone who doesn't share your opinion a troll, that's just plain stupid. You're asking for a change, people can dislike it as much as they like without having to give a valid reason for it, just simply becuase they don't like it is a good enough reason to -1.

Hots is not seperate gameplay, the game is literally the same with a few small changes. Nobody is going to pay up specifically to join hots, they are going to pay up to uncap their skills etc.. the flawed logic with the prem only deal is that players who have already settled down on other servers are VERY UNLIKELY to move to another server such as hots home when they go premium, as they have already established a house, items, friends, etc.. on the other servers. As it is, hots home is probably costing rolf money because of how few players it has. Enabling f2p on hots home would see a surge of players followed by a surge of players purchasing premium.

People who have an opposite opinion are not trolling, I never said that. People who give me no reason and just post -1 are trolling because they add no content to a thread which was supposed to be a discussion about how hots home is suffering because of the loss of players. Simply because they don't like it is not a good enough reason, they need to have a logical reason/argument against it or they are on the level of children who dislike something just because of the person who created it.

People who post -1 are not trolling. This is called a SUGGESTION thread. If someone is against said suggestion, even for no real reason, they have the right+DUTY to say so. If they didn't, Rolf might do what this thread suggests, when the majority of players don't like it. Another reason HoTS should be prem only is so that enemy kingdoms don't make alts to gang up on the native HoTS players.

Hots is not seperate gameplay, the game is literally the same with a few small changes. Nobody is going to pay up specifically to join hots, they are going to pay up to uncap their skills etc.. the flawed logic with the prem only deal is that players who have already settled down on other servers are VERY UNLIKELY to move to another server such as hots home when they go premium, as they have already established a house, items, friends, etc.. on the other servers. As it is, hots home is probably costing rolf money because of how few players it has. Enabling f2p on hots home would see a surge of players followed by a surge of players purchasing premium.

People who have an opposite opinion are not trolling, I never said that. People who give me no reason and just post -1 are trolling because they add no content to a thread which was supposed to be a discussion about how hots home is suffering because of the loss of players. Simply because they don't like it is not a good enough reason, they need to have a logical reason/argument against it or they are on the level of children who dislike something just because of the person who created it.

Yes, they do. I know a lot of people who premmed up just to join HotS. This already was the case back in the jk-home days, and I am sure the mysteriousness of joining the dark side still attracts people to prem up. Likely they just stay on the actual mixed server right now to actually pvp, so I think it should be looked into if affliction should even stay at all. HotS never had a home server on wild, I am not sure why it has one now. Of course, I've never been hots, but I don't think the lack of a home server really mattered back on wild. I think the small numbers back on wild had different reasons :P

People who post -1 are not trolling. This is called a SUGGESTION thread. If someone is against said suggestion, even for no real reason, they have the right+DUTY to say so. If they didn't, Rolf might do what this thread suggests, when the majority of players don't like it. Another reason HoTS should be prem only is so that enemy kingdoms don't make alts to gang up on the native HoTS players.

No, that is just trolling. There is nobody who ever existed on this planet who did not like something because they did not like something. There is always a reason behind it, and the reason should be stated so it can be factored into the argument. That kind of alt abuse is against the rules, even though we encountered it many times on other servers (which the devs did not respond to despite numerous /dev calls)

Yes, they do. I know a lot of people who premmed up just to join HotS. This already was the case back in the jk-home days, and I am sure the mysteriousness of joining the dark side still attracts people to prem up. Likely they just stay on the actual mixed server right now to actually pvp, so I think it should be looked into if affliction should even stay at all. HotS never had a home server on wild, I am not sure why it has one now. Of course, I've never been hots, but I don't think the lack of a home server really mattered back on wild. I think the small numbers back on wild had different reasons :P

That number of people is drastically less than the number of people who prem up and stay on their original sever, LOOK AT OUR SERVER GRAPH. The people hanging out on hots home for the most part have been here from the start. This is not about wild, (or elevation for that matter), this is about making the dead hots home server not dead so the players remaining on it don't quit of boredom. The fact that 14 people are still on hots home amazes me as there are so few of them.

Hots home

wurm-year.png

Elevation

wurm-year.png

JK and MR home

wurm-year.png

wurm-year.png

So if the numbers are that incredibly low, I know a good solution that'll clear up more server space, rather than asking for more free stuff from Rolf.

So if the numbers are that incredibly low, I know a good solution that'll clear up more server space, rather than asking for more free stuff from Rolf.

So instead of allowing more players to come to the server and potentially go premium, you would rather just delete it and cause most of those players to quit the game. Am I understanding you correctly?

So instead of allowing more players to come to the server and potentially go premium, you would rather just delete it and cause most of those players to quit the game. Am I understanding you correctly?

14 players at most as you said, I doubt they will all completely quit the game. But yes, it clears up a lot of server space (servers aren't free either) and Rolf has done it before with servers with more than 15 people. If the problem really is that dramatic as in low population I don't know if it'll be worth to keep such a server.

Rolf had a good idea the server would be dead even as he relented to the whining for hots home, as previosuly quoted. He was right to begin with, HOTS does not need a home server.

Once again.. this is not about elevation. This is about HOTS home. Elevation is basically irreverent to most of the permanent players on affliction server, we have not been there in a month. letting our server have more players is not going to affect your elevation.

Well then you are not even using the home server as it was meant to be used, a staging ground/safe haven and build up site for joining elevation kingdoms.

As such HOTS doesnt need a home server for this reason at all, they are large enough and have enough inherent advantages.

Allot of home people are playing it that way though, you are not intended to be your own kingdom, you are a staging ground for your kingdoms army on elevation. (in a perfect world)

Once again.. this is not about elevation. This is about HOTS home. Elevation is basically irreverent to most of the permanent players on affliction server, we have not been there in a month. letting our server have more players is not going to affect your elevation.

Of course it has to do with Elevation. It is part of the same cluster, a safeground for a kingdom that is designed to loot, kill, burn and do whatever they do. You cannot play on any epic server and deny you're part of the epic cluster, with Elevation as it's most important central server.

Agreed, delete hots home. The less money rolf makes the faster he will realize that he isn't doing enough to fix his game.

Agreed, delete hots home. The less money rolf makes the faster he will realize that he isn't doing enough to fix his game.

Agreed, maybe he will spend less time on vacation and more time hiring java programmers