Sign in to follow this  
xtigermanxx

Rugs

So, if a person with 2 meditation uses an exquisite rug, is his skill gain lower? I've heard it rumored but not 100% confirmed. It's too late to return the 80 QL exquisite now, but I would just like to know, is it better to use a fine one? Are you SURE?

So, if a person with 2 meditation uses an exquisite rug, is his skill gain lower? I've heard it rumored but not 100% confirmed. It's too late to return the 80 QL exquisite now, but I would just like to know, is it better to use a fine one? Are you SURE?

Well, I still gained a skill point from it. It might take slower, but it'll work, and the general purpose of having an exquisite will come in handy later, I suppose. Though I'm a little ticked I spent 2.5s on something that works better cheaper.

I've heard someone say type of rug only increases chance of getting a question and I don't think ql matters either, but I believe the person who said this was a rug seller and again like Alyeska I'm not sure.

Didn't mean to confuse matters, just saying what I heard through kchat

(Kchat, now more reliable than the wiki  ;D)

It's so random it's hard to tell. I used normal rug at low level from 1 to 10 (there was only one type at the time) and then an exquisite after that until 40 meditating. Than a normal rug again until 80. If there is a difference,  it's sooooo small i can barely see it.

If you really want to gain more meditating, just use a coc'd rug and sleep bonus (and get high nutrition too i guess). I doubt the rug type is anything more than esthetic*. But i could be wrong.

*except if you want to get the questions, then you need to use the best rug type. But maybe we should test more to be 100% sure about it.

Well if it's any help to analysis, I spent about half an hour + spamming meditate on a 35QL standard meditation rug to get the level 7 love path question recently :P I'm just glad it did turn out to be a love tile rather than knowledge!

It's so random it's hard to tell. I used normal rug at low level from 1 to 10 (there was only one type at the time) and then an exquisite after that until 40 meditating. Than a normal rug again until 80. If there is a difference,  it's sooooo small i can barely see it.

If you really want to gain more meditating, just use a coc'd rug and sleep bonus (and get high nutrition too i guess). I doubt the rug type is anything more than esthetic*. But i could be wrong.

*except if you want to get the questions, then you need to use the best rug type. But maybe we should test more to be 100% sure about it.