topkos

Catapult Travel

Posted (edited)

We can all agree on that Wurm Landscape is better appreciated from the top down. Sailing does not let us enjoy the views that we can have from a top down view.

Those that played WU as GM's know this well.

Also, Teleporting is so Star Trek, it does not belong to Wurm, a medieval fantasy game.

I know, I know, Airships, I'd love them too, but is so cyberpunk!

So, Introducing Catapult Travel!

Catapults are already in game, no need for coding, no need for a new model, of course skins are always welcome! Who would not love a PMK catapult model? A skin for every wood type!

Catapult travel have already be tested in RL, nobody has died, yet.

Quality of the Catapult would help with quantity, and quality of wounds you would arrive with.

Rarity, well, rare, would allow you to bring 1 item, supreme 2 items, fantastic, 3 items. 7 of 10 players would chose always a rope as the primary item. if you craft a fantastic you could also bring with you 2 Marble shards! Supreme & Fantastic would allow you cross clusters as well

5CDNLOj.jpeg

Any Input to make the idea better, or worse, or absolutely, and completely different is welcome

Edited by topkos
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Should be a receiving catapult at the other end.  You know, to help with deceleration and prevent injury.

Or maybe a net trap.

(I had to double check who was suggesting this.  🙂)

Edited by TheTrickster
  • Like 2

I agree, and i would rather use a catapult than a ballista.

+2

• Like 1

I've heard some catapult champ whales.. for the fun of seeing a "flying" whale.. in the sky