Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

New carpentry skill - Joinery

A carpentry skill that uses no metal - like nails - to join parts together but uses pegs etc.

Similar to fine carpentry (actually maybe would maybe work AS part of FC).  Just like many recipes allow for alternate tools, it would be great to make thinks with pegs etc instead of nails.  

The plank fence visually reminds me of split-log fences from my neck of the woods, but those are made without any metal parts at all.  The split-log is the epitome of "rustic" fencing in Oz, and can be made with nothing more than an axe for tools and trees for material.

why lol

i might understand need for alternative of nails, but whole new skill for it, it's ridiculous

if any new skill is to be added it should be glassmaking

Let's put this into context a bit: if you're going to have a carpentry skill called "Joinery" just for using pegs instead of nails, you might as well have a smithing skill called "Nailmaking". If you have a smithing skill called "Nailmaking" what's stopping skills like "Ribbonmaking" from coming up?

I don't know if this is a path we want to go down.

no good idea to add a new skill but it would be a good idea to have alternative recipes that requiere pegs instead nails (maybe that requiere an higher skill to make)

Thanks for the feedback.  I did specifically mention it could just be part of FC, so just having alternate recipes would be perfectly workable.