Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Making Wurm Feel More Alive

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

https://poll.ly

?

Downside.. ****s with alts and multisessions/etc... will **** with the voting.. which isn't a reason to not try and vote ideas/suggestions this way... with just a 1 line opinion; cleaner simpler way to vote about something and stay on topic; further deeper discussion could continue on forums if that is something devs want to try.

I've seen another voting system that have been linked on forums a few timed before... though I can't remember the link.

pools, votes and +1 dont mean we get anything, i got a pool with 100% bring back the old fishing and nothing happens

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 10:29 AM, Berms said:

To achieve that, the game needs to start from basic, stop using Java , update graphics/mechanics OR lower the monthly price AND/OR let players be able to buy for 1 month instead of forcing me to buy for at least 2 months if not using PayPal.

Wurm Online's future is uncertain and no sane (new) player will invest in 2 or 3 months if you look at the server satistics and how many players are online ( average of 100 on Xanadu ).

WU destroyed WO,  all those people who wanted to see and experience the endgame without paying monthly are chased away from WO and towns are all empty now.

bad decisions that makes sure WO will never recover as it was.

The thing about WU is that it allows MODS - if you scan through the mod section in this forum and see the things you can do on a mod server compared to what you can online youl see why WU is so popular (relatively)

Also, WU servers dont have every inch of land crammed with existing deeds

Edited by CountZero

18 hours ago, CountZero said:

Also, WU servers dont have every inch of land crammed with existing deeds

WO definitely doesn't XD

Seriously, it's like walking through the ruins of civilization out there.

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

WO definitely doesn't XD

Seriously, it's like walking through the ruins of civilization out there.

one of the reasons i left WO was lack of space. - From newbie spawn, i traveled and traveled and it was just deed after deed. There may have been space deep into the island away from the coast but for a new player the logistics isnt really doable.

If some of those deeds are abandoned its still not good

• Like 1

In the past, yes, things were very cramped near spawn deeds (I, personally, hate oversized "dead zone" deeds that cut off public resources).  But, after the exodus, there is plenty of space.

All the giant deadzone players went over to WU, perhaps the only *good* thing to come from it.

Edited by Etherdrifter
Spelling fix

1 hour ago, Etherdrifter said:

In the past, yes, things were very cramped near spawn deeds (I, personally, hate oversized "dead zone" deeds that cut off public resources).  But, after the exodus, there is plenty of space.

All the giant deadzone players went over to WU, perhaps the only *good* thing to come from it.

were all those deeds totally removed including all buildings etc?

My favorite time in Wurm was whenever they'd release a new server.  That new server would be so FULL of people!  The most memorable experiences ever in gaming for me.  There'd be 20 of us nearby all working together and helping each other.

Unfortunately, at some point we all reach high skills, and people get bored without a focus/point to continue from and leave...   Then everything becomes a ghost town. 

The problem with this game is there's no garbage collector that's efficient enough to recycle the economy, and there's no endgame deep enough to keep people around.

It's not that it's deed after deed, as most deeds are abandoned...  It's the constant terraformed and left over structures!  You can't deed them/take them over until they're decayed and it takes forever.  Not to mention seeing landscapes that are flattened into squares everywhere totally takes away the beauty of traveling.

Edited by jonsnow
  • Like 1