Sign in to follow this  
Batlin

Open in Browser: Broken

I have attempted to reach out to GM's in game regarding this issue, and they were unable to determine the problem. I was suggested to open a thread on the forums. 

I have recently noticed that I cannot open any links from within the client, both at Launcher and In Game.

When I right click a link in game, and select the option "Open in Browser:", nothing happens. I have to "Copy" then alt tab and paste into browser manually. 

When I am at the Launchers window, I click on the links in the News panel and it does not load these(assuming it should load a page in my browser?) either. 

I have confirmed that Chrome is set as my default browser, and also attempted to turn off my Ad blocker, neither have remedied the issue. 

Any ideas?

Edited by Batlin

edit: sorry, you already tried that link,  my mistake.

if you have MSIE preinstalled,  as a test see what happens if you make MSIE the default (just temporary).  If MSIE as default browser opens the links, but Chrome as default does not, i would next temporarily disable all Chrome extensions to see if it opens them in "vanilla" state. There may be an extension causing an issue even if it seems completely unrelated. Also test "non wurm" links such as having an alt send you a link to Google, just to confirm it is not related to code club websites only (forum, wiki, news etc) or some other specific website

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thanks for the suggestion Brash, unfortunately this didn't work either. I attempted to set IE as default and links did not open, i continued to set Chrome back to my default and turn off all(3) extensions active, and it did not work either.

I do not use Anti Virus software and have all windows default firewall settings turned off.

Edited by Batlin