Sign in to follow this  
Zazz

Wurm startup stutters the computer while loading

Encountered a weird issue that i've never had before and unable to solve it myself

Whenever i launch the wurm startup i get really laggy performance for about 10 seconds (until the startup meny is finished and you can click play).

Same thing when the Wurm world is loading in i get this stutter. The whole computer is stuttering, not just the client.

Once the client is loaded and once the world is rendered i have no problems at all. Runs perfectly.

CPU: i7 4770k

RAM: 32GB

GC: Titan X

SSD: samsung 850 Pro 120gb and 2x intel 910 in Raid 0.

Java is installed on the 850 SSD and the wurm folder is installed on the two intel SSD's. 

Thoughts?

I have this too, it has to do with "Core Parking". The computer is giving all it has to wurm, instead of keeping 3-8% for background processes.

Same. Once game loads I get 60fps max settings but loading client kill computer for a few seconds.

3 hours ago, Nicrolis said:

I have this too, it has to do with "Core Parking". The computer is giving all it has to wurm, instead of keeping 3-8% for background processes.

not found a way around it?

Try using resource monitor to identify what the bottleneck is.

The processor has enough power to handle wurm and the SSDs should be fast enough. A high amount of paging onto the SSD however could slow the whole computer down.

the SSD doesnt go over 25%, CPU doesnt go over 50% according to taskmanager.

try the resource monitor. It has a more detailed graphs for CPU, disk io, network and memory usage including page faults.