Sign in to follow this  
Crum

Built-In Map Generator

Well, I've been viewing the code and scrolling around through it and I've found a built in generator and it works wonders. Assuming its included I've used it.

I don't intend on writing code for anyone to get it running just thought I would let people know it is there...

It uses .r32 output from world machine also. Enjoy

If you want to use it, create an intellij project, import server.jar and common.jar into it. Search for MeshgenGUI.class open it inside the project then run it. The best tutorial I could manage sorry :/

Server.jar and common.jar are both included in the dedicated server and wurmserverlauncher base directory.

In theory you could use the same files generated from wGenerator, + the top and rock layer from the built in mesh gen to create slick looking terrains although I assume one would run into a large amount of bugs, someone should test it out and see.

DvyJdC2.jpg

Edited by Crum

Are you browsing Wurm Online server generation code somehow, they said they had internal tools but was not releasing them with Wurm Unlimited.

So you you are letting people know code is there but not telling them where?

I am guessing you mean biome and ore generation code using heightmaps from World Machine?  That looks like a World Machine result but very unlike Wurm Online maps because of the water erosion.

Edited by yarnevk

The original hightmap was from wgenerator as I'm far to lazy to build something myself. I simply added erosion and peril noise, then converted it to r32 output. Although since I was simply to lazy to even test the results I asked about it on the irc. Should have quoted Warlander but again I am lazy, anywho the built in gen is only for rock_layer and top_layer..  I just wanted to point out that it is included(although not a complete map gen,sorry for the title), I figure people might find it fun to search through the coding.