Sign in to follow this  
Ravenclaw

Boat hitching!

We already got Hitch to cart which is proven to work, so why not do the same mechanic for boat minus any speed bonus's you normally get.

Each Boat would have X livestock slots, and you load upto that many animals, animal then become attached to the boat (visually inside) and you unhitch again when you close to land.

They is no speed bonus, you are essentially just attaching to the cargo, and detach from cargo when you un-hitch and place them back on land

This would give a much more realistic way to transport animals over water.

Edited by Ravenclaw
  • Like 1

2 bisons pulling my knarr :D

+1 this could be one solution

Hitch them on sides ;)

i like the idea to hitch 2 bisons on a boat, you can build it at home an pull it over to the water wenn finished ;)

but as a mean to transport some animals this would also be great, i can take my horse with me shop to the next port and ride on my horse to the market place or something like this.

it would be more of a "board" function as this has been a very common topic. These animals that can pull a cart are able to be pushed over the distance of the sea lol as I've done it just last night for someone. Problem with that way is that you can only do hitchable animals and it's very klunky and takes forever. I still say a new type of ship called a barg that can be hitched with 3 "carrier rafts" that can either haul carts or 1 animal per raft. It would be easily implemented and solve all the situations for carrying livestock over water. Adding them into the current ships just don't match and prolly never would. There would have to be a ship dedicated just for the animal hauling or cart hauling over water via rafts. The ship would be unique with it being the only ship that the 3 rafts can be hitched too.