Sign in to follow this  
Kiddoo

Looking For A Community

Later edit: I found what I was looking for, so this post is no longer actual.

Hello, friends! :)

*text wall warning*

What I'm looking for

Initially I wanted to join someone's else village (if anyone is interested, here's my first post, in which I was looking for that: http://forum.wurmonl...premium-player/), but after talking with quite a few people I realized that may not be the best option for me.

Among the reasons, the fact that as a simple villager I would naturally have way less freedom of building my dream, since everything I do would have to fall within the bigger picture designed by the deed owner, and the risk that the owner could actually decide at any time to sell his deed or quit the game, which would leave me homeless (and based on what I've read that's much more common then I initially thought).

Yet, playing as a hermit, completely isolated, eventually with only one or two other people online in the neighborhood, sounds kinda boring and wouldn't fit me either. Right now I'm in a village, with only two other active people in the village and two more in the neighborhood village, and I feel kinda lonely - many times being the only online person.

That's why, after lot of thinking, I realized that what would really suit me would be to have my own place (deed), but be part of a reasonably sized (not big, but not small) alliance of nearby villages. This way I could have the best of the both world - the possibility to build my own dream as I feel like, but also the possibility to be part of a community and work together with other people towards a bigger goal.

A few things about myself

IRL i'm quite a young girl (old enough to be able to vote, young enough to not be able to buy booze) from Romania (you know... Transylvania, Dracula, all those kind of things - that's European time GMT+2).

Having a "pro gamer" brother, I end up playing quite a lot of MMOs by myself, the ones that took most of my time being WoW (theme park), LotRO (theme park), Fallen Earth (mix) and Xsyon (sandbox) so I can say that I have a decent experience about MMOs.

Although I just started (less than two days played time), I can say for sure that I'm here to stay. I spent quite a lot of time reading about the game, so when I created my character it was because I wanted to be here, not because I just wanted to try the game. As a proof for that stays the fact that I'm already a premium player (actually that was probably the first thing I've done in the game... lol) and I already bought like 30 extra silver to have for my deed - and no, I'm not rich IRL, so for me it was quite an investment.

I am a team player and I like being part of a community, just that I'm not really comfortable with large ones. I always found myself to perform best in small groups, so probably that will suit me here too. I'm a total noob at the moment, but I'm decently smart and a fast learner, so, I guess if I'll have good teachers I'll become quite fast a useful player for my community. I know there's a long away ahead of me, but even the longest journey starts with just a simple step and well... I already did that first step. ;)

A possible problem may come from the fact that I actually do have a real life, so I can't (and don't even want to be :P) a hardcore player, so my skills will probably increase at a really low pace. I will probably log daily (or at least in the vast majority of days), but probably not more than two-three hours per day.

What I can offer to the community

J. F. Kennedy said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!" so I guess I should have this covered before even hoping for an invitation. :)

Pretty much the community I imagine joining is a community of one or two central villages (bigger) and a couple of small households (like myself) around them. And well, in this scenario, I can say that I'm willing to work for the community more than I would work for my own - for example, if bricks I'll needed and I'll create 1,000 bricks like 750 would go to the community for buildings needed in the central village and I will keep only 250 for my own needs. Also, I'm willing to work towards whatever is needed in the community at a certain moment - whatever that means building, farming, cooking, mining, smithing, etc. You name it, I'll do it. ;) And that includes skilling up those skills which I'm required to. :)

Since I don't intend to be a trader, this also means that any extras that I'll have and I won't need personal (like crops) could go (for free) to whoever needs them from the alliance.

Also, if requested, I could even contribute with some silver for community projects - like, dunno, when a trader is hired on the central village or a secondary deed has to be built out of our existing settlements to secure a rare resource.

What I'm expecting from the community

Well... first of all I'm expecting for you to find me a nice spot somewhere close enough of the other village(s). I'm not very picky about it, but I do have some requirements about it - it should be somewhere between 400 and 600 tiles (so anything like 20x20, 15x30, 20x30, etc), secluded enough that I can't have any direct neighbors in viewing size, with a nice (natural) view and with access to at least the basic resources (iron mainly).

After that I kinda expect guidance and help, since, as I said, I'm completely new to this and since, pretty much, the gift of knowledge is the most precious gift one could receive. :)

A nice atmosphere in the alliance chat and common projects would also be something highly desirable.

On the other hand, I will definitely not ask for in-game boosts - like tools, armors, items, etc. I don't want any shortcuts, but instead I want to take the challenge of building everything I'll ever own with my character's own two hands.

If you have anything for me, you can answer to this thread, you can send me a PM here on forum or a tell in game (username Kiddoo on the Release server).

Thank you for your attention!

Final notes

Some people sent me messages inviting me to their villages as per my previous topic. If you're one of those, please don't get offended by the fact I changed my mind and decided to make this post, Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Kiddoo (Alexandra)

Edited by Kiddoo

Sent you a forum PM.

Got it, answered it, but unfortunately not on one of the two servers I can settle on. :(

Hi,

I share all of your point of views and interests, except the deed part. I also play from only a week but in my experience you don't need more than a decently active neighborhood and in my experience you don't need villages at all to build your nice cozy place. It is my understanding that villages are for the people that do not want what you want, for people who want to be, say, blacksmith, without bothering to maintain a house and gather food, in a way or another, for people that would rather work in more cooperation with others, giving up some active parts of the game. I found a nice place with about a dozeen active players in the neighborhood (it was just luck I suppose) and set my house in a place that shouldn't be at risk of being swallowed by some deed. It is my intention to play the game without a deed, because I find it more realistic and challenging. In few words, I consider deeds too cheap for a game that supposedly is about survival. In my experience in fact, thanks to deeds, properties survive well beyond players. But that's just me... Anyways, if I were you I would look for a place with people in the neighborhood but without villages of 10/15+ too near.

Since I also play on the Release server you might want to come visit the place and see what I mean. My nick ingame is Gerren.

• Like 1

Good luck with your search, you sound like an excellent addition to any neighbourhood!

Uno, thank you for the advise! :)

Delakar, thank you for the nice words! :)

Nope; it was mentioned in the initial post:

Later edit: I found what I was looking for, so this post is no longer actual.