Sign in to follow this  
Endarch

Skill Dynamics Statistic Log

Hello,

I am a new player here, but I would like to share an idea. I did a brief research of the forum before posting and did not found anything similar. If I omitted something, please excuse me.

Generally, one of the goals of a skill-based game, even more so, an open virtual world, is just to improve skills. I guess that for many players It is fun to improve skills as it appears rewarding and gives a feeling of achievement.

It would be great if we could track our skill dynamics and be able to review it. One of the possible solutions would be to make a record of skill progression available for players. Some flowchart may be included, along with a kind of breakdown (highest skill, lowest skill etc.). It would also be nice if in the end of each session we will get a screen showing a summary of what skills have increased, and what skills have decreased, just like a score screen you get after finighing a mission in many RTS games. This could be done as an option to be turned on/off.

What would you say?

I think this works better as an external program. The idea of seeing flow charts and graphs of performance inside wurm doesn't seem right to me. The info is all in your logs though so a player can write a program that does the analysis for you.