Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Guard Towers

Hello All,

I am wondering if guard towers will function on Deliverance; meaning, will they spawn guards on the same basis as on Independence. The reason I am asking this is because I started one, added a few bricks and was able to start another one 5 tiles away from it. This leads me to suspect that they are either bugged or serve no purpose on Deliverance, other than to act as decorations or a cruel joke on those who spend their time building one to completion.

=Ayes=

My guard tower is complete.  The five guards are spawning properly and assisting local villagers when they need assistance with the proper call.  I am not sure the guard tower creation is blocked unless you attempt to make one near a Completed tower.  I will log in and see if i can create one within five tiles of mine.

Just checked and confirmed the building of an incomplete tower only looks for completed towers in its radius.

Hello Drpox,

Thanks for the pertinent information. I can see this could present a problem if 2 people were building a tower within close proximity of eachother and one was completed shortly before the other. I had thought that on Independence that as soon as a new tower was started it would reserve that 50 tile radius even though it was freshly dropped there. Well anyway, it is good to know that they do spawn guards that act when called upon.

=Ayes=

I had thought that on Independence that as soon as a new tower was started it would reserve that 50 tile radius even though it was freshly dropped there. Well anyway, it is good to know that they do spawn guards that act when called upon.

Having it like that would leave it open for a few people to run around with a few bricks starting off towers then leaving them, making it impossible for others to make one where it is needed.

You can drop an unfinished tower on every title next to each other, but once 1 is finish, the others won't complete. The issue with this is that if people add too many items to the unfinished ones, you won't be able to pick them up, or destroy them. Radius on finished towers is still 50 tiles regardless.