Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

New Trader Item to allow transport of large magic chests and treasure hunts!!!

I propose a new trader item (Magic Chest Wand) that can be used to place an empty large magic chest into the users inventory.

Cost: 1s - single use item.  Inexpensive to allow for treasure hunt use as well (see below).

Use:  Activate wand, right click on Large Magic Chest, click pick up.  Wand disappears if chest can be picked up.  Chest appears in inventory.

Magic chest must be empty and unlocked for wand to work.

Magic chests can only be picked up by the person who has the key to the chest since it must be unlocked first.

Unlocked (abandoned?) chests could be picked up by anyone.

Perhaps a 60 second anti-steal timer as soon as lock is removed to give owner time to pick it up but no-one else.

Once picked up, chest may be passed to another character via trade - providing a way to sell them to others if desired.

Once dropped, another wand would be needed to pick up again.

Benefits?  

* I think more people would be willing to buy them given they can be transported for a small fee.

* Those who wish to sell one may do so.

* Can anyone say, "Magic Chest treasure hunt!"  Owner of chest drops it in secret location on map (locked of course).  First one to find chest reports the location and area description to owner via /tell.  Owner arrives and opens chest to present prize inside.  No-one can steal the chest, even with a wand, because it is locked and owner has the key.  Then, the owner can pick up the chest. rinse. repeat.

Thoughts?

I propose a new trader item (Magic Chest Wand) that can be used to place an empty large magic chest into the users inventory.

Cost: 1s - single use item.  Inexpensive to allow for treasure hunt use as well (see below).

Use:  Activate wand, right click on Large Magic Chest, click pick up.  Wand disappears if chest can be picked up.  Chest appears in inventory.

Magic chest must be empty and unlocked for wand to work.

Magic chests can only be picked up by the person who has the key to the chest since it must be unlocked first.

Unlocked (abandoned?) chests could be picked up by anyone.

Perhaps a 60 second anti-steal timer as soon as lock is removed to give owner time to pick it up but no-one else.

Once picked up, chest may be passed to another character via trade - providing a way to sell them to others if desired.

Once dropped, another wand would be needed to pick up again.

Benefits?  

* I think more people would be willing to buy them given they can be transported for a small fee.

* Those who wish to sell one may do so.

* Can anyone say, "Magic Chest treasure hunt!"  Owner of chest drops it in secret location on map (locked of course).  First one to find chest reports the location and area description to owner via /tell.  Owner arrives and opens chest to present prize inside.  No-one can steal the chest, even with a wand, because it is locked and owner has the key.  Then, the owner can pick up the chest. rinse. repeat.

Thoughts?

Can I get a Trader pick up wand too???!!  ;D

One problem I see if people picking the lock on the chest then stealing it

If youre referring to wild; then surely that would be expected... I mean come on people have been known to lockpick chests, loot it, put a scrap inside with the name LOL! and then relock it.

Besides if someone on wild is willing to essentially walk around an enemy deed with 1s on themselves to attempt to steal a magic chest; I say Props.

And on Freedom its a non-issue...

+1, but all items have a "who touched last/picked up last" that way only the owner could be allowed to pick it up using a wand, so abandoned chests dont exist, someone put 40euros on it so it's his whenever he/she starts playing again.