first impressions?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. first impressions?

• There's another game besides Wurm?
    • Best game ever
    • Not bad
    • It's EA, what do you expect?
    • Still waiting for darkfall

I really don't see all this babysitting people are complaining about.  My allies/colonies rarely need my help for anything at all, and the only thing that actually makes jack all difference if you turn up or not are eco the disasters, which may occur once every hour for me.  The worst that can happen from them is all but one colony on that planet are destroyed and they brake the alliance with you, and thats the worst.

I get bombarded with messages nearly every 15 minutes, usually about 3 at a time.

I wouldn't have a problem if turrets/satellite defense didn't require you to actually be on the planet for it to work properly.

I have an empire that spans nearly an entire arm of the galaxy. I've just gave up on allies and my own systems to spread even faster.

Hell, maybe I should start to eat the Grox.

My empire is bigger then your empire!

Seriously though, is there a point to having such a large empire?  My empire is barely even a fragment of one of the 'arms', and by the time I finish visiting them all and collecting their spice, the first are at full capacity again.

Some people say you can't beat Spore because it's one of those open-ended games.

I say if theres no more free systems the game is beat.

It's taking a while, but I'm getting there.

spores pretty cool but having to go to defend a planet every minute (literally) and kill all the enemies in 1 hit because some guys whining about you having taken his tscore 0 planet

Hopefully I won't regret the £34.99 I spent on this. I just discovered it needs to activate to play.  What's this about only 3 installations? That really, really annoys me if true. I like to reinstall my computer now and then.

Guess I'll have to invest in a crack even though I paid for it. Quite sad actually. :P

Gamestation doesn't have a very good returns policy I don't think. They especially might not want to take back a game that might have "expired". :(

You can get the counter reset by the EA guys I think.

You can get the counter reset by the EA guys I think.

Good luck, they ask about 10 questions to make you prove you didn't pirate it.

Why the hell would I ring up to ask for more activations if I pirated it?

If I pirated it, I wouldn't have the three activations in the first place!

Double post:

Well, it's certainly interesting to note that EA's stock has fallen dramatically, even with such a big release.

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:ERTS

It only usually gets that low when theres no games coming out.

Also note, the internet mob from Amazon has caused EA to loosen its SecuROM for Red Alert 3.

Will they learn not to crap on their paying customers?

I got it, i found it pretty enjoyable up until tribal stage. After that i found that the game lacked tactics/strategy especially compared to games like EE and AOE. I know Spore wasn't meant to be particularly tactically oriented but ANY tactics would be nice. Civ Stage was just as dull and uneventful, Space stage (The bit i was REALLY looking forward to) i found it was sadly lacking and abit of a let down. I agree it does seem like a game that is very much unfinished, i also think that that Space stage could have been alot more fun if it was abit more similar to a game like "Sins of a Solar Empire" so that you weren't constantly babysitting, also the ship controls could have been abit more dynamic.

But overall I think Spore is a good Game but not a great game which it really could have been and after all the hype it had it was abit of a let down.

Any wurmian who want to give out his spore name? i want to play with your animals.

My Spore name is Robfox if anybody want to play with my creatures/buildings/ships