Sign in to follow this  
Guest candee

Chain armour and Studded Leather

I would like 2 know which is better;

Chain armour

or

Studded leather

?

I thought chain was better since the "bonus vs weapons" was thrown out with FF?

Pre-fightfix, chain had better damage bonuses vs. swords than studded, so it was more useful than leather (which took extra damage from swords)

Nowadays when all those bonuses/abilities of armor & weapons has been removed, studded is usually more favored by hunter since it doesn't limit your mobility anywhere near as much as chain.

chain set with ql 50+ and you can easy kill spider/scorp/bear. with studded leather you could have some troubles with scorps

chain set with ql 50+ and you can easy kill spider/scorp/bear. with studded leather you could have some troubles with scorps

Didn't notice problems with any and I prefer studded.

Chain and studded have the same defense (I think) however chain has a higher glance rate, by about what seems to be usually 10%. I prefer studded, as I have had to run from raging spiders at <10% hp, lol

Studded is lighter, slightly weaker, and allows more attack movement and running speed.

Chain is heavier, slightly stronger, and limits some attack movement and running speed.

So it's all personal preference and the type of creatures you fight.

Chain mitigates 15% more damage than studded, but as a consequence, is nearly 20% slower to walk in and has a 10% attack speed penalty when wearing 3 or more items of it.

Chain seems to protect better vs spiders. . . .

If you want to compare it then lets take 50 ql chain and 50 ql chain.

Studded have less waight.

Wurm have alot of very good leatherworkers so studded is cheap.

Studded allow you to move quicker.No need to wear/unwear the pants all the time.....

Studded is less effective if you fight a person who make cutting or piercing wounds (swords)

Chainarmour

It is more heavy.Slow you down .

Chain armour is pretty easy to produce.YOu can make your own 40 ql sets within only one week.

the biggest + of chain armour is that the most players use swords at pvp and chain is more effective then studded against cut or piercing attacks.

So lets count it:

Studded is suberb if you are attacking,raiding a place where speed is an important part.

Studded is the better choise for archers becuase of the speed +.

Chain armour is the right armour if your defending where the speed handycap is no problem.

Chain armour of the same ql give alittle more protection so good for defenders .

If you want to compare it then lets take 50 ql chain and 50 ql chain.

*snip*

So lets count it:

Studded is suberb if you are attacking,raiding a place where speed is an important part.

Studded is the better choise for archers becuase of the speed +.

Chain armour is the right armour if your defending where the speed handycap is no problem.

Chain armour of the same ql give alittle more protection so good for defenders .

ok, but you compared 2 sets of 50ql chain? ^^ and what about monsters your forgetting, which is most helpful then while your hunting?

ok, but you compared 2 sets of 50ql chain? ^^ and what about monsters your forgetting, which is most helpful then while your hunting?

You're more likely to be able to escape from PvE combat with studded, you are more likely to sustain less damage from PvE in chain.

There is no clear answer, it depends on situation and general play style.

Chain and Studded are, like some players posted, simply preference.

Chain is > Studded for the same ql, but with loss of speed.

For hunting, simply fight, and find your style.

I personally like Plate armour for hunting, because it has better defence for the same ql as drake, and you move so slow you can't possibly miss anything.

If you're new, i'd recommend studded, so that you can run.

Chain and Studded are, like some players posted, simply preference.

Chain is > Studded for the same ql, but with loss of speed.

For hunting, simply fight, and find your style.

I personally like Plate armour for hunting, because it has better defence for the same ql as drake, and you move so slow you can't possibly miss anything.

If you're new, i'd recommend studded, so that you can run.

After using 70ql chain for 2 months, i used my old 70ql studded set, i noticed how much better chain was even with a reduced speed, and swore i'd never use studded again  :D

There is a better option, I've said it countless times before in kchat:

Chain > Studded

Since armor is based purely on damage mitigation, chain mitigates more than studded and covers a more common primary damage type. The minor mobility boost from studded does not outweigh an extra 20% damage mitigation, nor a 2% glance rate per 10ql compared to studded's 1% per 10. You may move faster in studded, but the second you get hurt, you're back below chain movement and attack speed anyway. I could recommend studded leather for dedicated archers only, otherwise you're always better off wearing chain, no matter what scenario.

A bold claim, I know. If you don't believe me, try it out. Fight a scorpion in studded and then fight another of the same type in chain. You'll notice the damage you take will easily drop down 1-2 stages, even from pierce attacks. 20% is a considerable margin.

There is a better option, I've said it countless times before in kchat:

Chain > Studded

Since armor is based purely on damage mitigation, chain mitigates more than studded and covers a more common primary damage type. The minor mobility boost from studded does not outweigh an extra 20% damage mitigation, nor a 2% glance rate per 10ql compared to studded's 1% per 10. You may move faster in studded, but the second you get hurt, you're back below chain movement and attack speed anyway. I could recommend studded leather for dedicated archers only, otherwise you're always better off wearing chain, no matter what scenario.

A bold claim, I know. If you don't believe me, try it out. Fight a scorpion in studded and then fight another of the same type in chain. You'll notice the damage you take will easily drop down 1-2 stages, even from pierce attacks. 20% is a considerable margin.

Chain is dangerous at hunting becuase you can't escape if a croc chase you and you have wounds.then you need the farmwalker amulett if you don't have it then :

You will see a deadwalk.You reach a tower or deed and survife or the croc with unlimited stamina  will chase you until you run out of stamina and then you die.

Quote:

ok, but you compared 2 sets of 50ql chain? ^^ .......

wow ya your right .My error....