Sign in to follow this  
Lau

Hull planks are retarded

At the moment hull planks are plain retarded, it takes 8.8kg of wood to make a hull plank and a log weighs 24kg this means that you can make 2 and only 2 hull planks for every log and you end up with a 6.4kg log that is no use at all. Except for making tenons, but that just gives you a 0.8log and you don't need 1200 tenons to build a boat -.-

either change it so we can make hull planks from trees AND logs or make them take 8kg of wood and make no scrap.

And oh, make them fit in carts.

What if the action resulted in a hull plank (8 kg) + scrap (1 kg)?  You'd get 2 hull planks and 2 scraps from a 24 kg log, and have 6 kg of log left over.  That can be cut into a variety of things. 

I think if (item + scrap) combinations are restricted to x.0 or x.5 amounts, it would be less irritating.  Tenons should be made to weigh 1 kg and produce 0.5 scrap for 1.5 kg total (instead of the 1.4 kg total). Likewise, deck boards should be changed to 4 kg + 2 kg scrap.  Belaying pins should be .5 kg + .2 scrap instead of .15 scrap.

What if the action resulted in a hull plank (8 kg) + scrap (1 kg)?  You'd get 2 hull planks and 2 scraps from a 24 kg log, and have 6 kg of log left over.  That can be cut into a variety of things. 

I think if (item + scrap) combinations are restricted to x.0 or x.5 amounts, it would be less irritating.  Tenons should be made to weigh 1 kg and produce 0.5 scrap for 1.5 kg total (instead of the 1.4 kg total). Likewise, deck boards should be changed to 4 kg + 2 kg scrap.  Belaying pins should be .5 kg + .2 scrap instead of .15 scrap.

Or even, what about allowing hall planks to be cut from felled trees?

I'm for hull planks taking 2.00 more than a regular plank takes. Make them less painful to make.

Making the keel sections alone is hard enough. :P

Not bothered by it personally

Only thing thats annoyed me is it taking 57 tries to make a caravel at just over 10%

Ofc now that I have made one I'm all for keeping it that hard :D

However you can also fit in a deck board, which is important in larger ships. O a plank and a shaft.

Lets please not want everything to be so artificially easy that every item fits exactly into one log or rock shard?

stop complaining.

If people are not pleased they will complain :P.

I too thinks that hull panks are retarded.

However you can also fit in a deck board, which is important in larger ships. O a plank and a shaft.

Lets please not want everything to be so artificially easy that every item fits exactly into one log or rock shard?

Well, IRL you could cut bigger logs which you can't do here...