Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jayz

Name change (be gentle) + Spy suggestion

maybe not the best of ideas, but giving players a limited number of name changes (like 3) with a minimum wait time between changes (like a week) could have its perks, knowing everyones FS is ruining most PVP conflicts as everyone pretty much knows what they are going to be up against and can work out if they will lose or not just from a name. This will give the game a twist to say the least, and a chance for players to break away from this endless loop of, "no you are too strong" "no i am too weak". but i am expecting people to give this a -3452543 so i came up with another idea too.

The ability to change the name displayed when you are highlighted and seen in local, kinda like a spy in team fortress,  but when another player examines you it shows the normal messages "blah blah is a mol rehan very strong etc" and "he appears to be unnerved". indicating to people that he is infact hiding his true identity.

There could even be a skill involved for this, subterfuge, and the higher your skill the less likely you are to be discovered as appearing unnerved. this could be affected in balance by the number of people surrounding the player, e.g. if 20 players are nearby he will almost certainly be revealed. i wouldnt go so far as to say we should be able to dress as enemy kingdoms, i dont think the game client would allow models to be switched without relogging. anyway let me know what you think.

I like it! :)

Most people would jsut wrap something about their face to hide their identity

well i like the 2nd one better then the first one(being limited to 3 is kind of irritating as when you done it 3 times they will still know it from you) but the 2nd idea would be fun

sure ppl will come and say na dont its stupid i dont like it go away kind of stuff but really it would be nice to have some sort of way to hide your true self :)

+1

Bring them down from within!  :D

Could always swing towards the everyday MMO and have paid name changes on accounts.

But I like the spy idea, very cool.

Personally i don't think you should be able to see other characters names, but until there's sme graphical way to tell people apart its needed I guess.

But not being able to seen enemies names at all would also be interesting.

+1 to your idea(s)