Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yehosh

Catapults on home.

The wiki states that a player gets -30 reputation whenever firing a catapult on home.  But a respectable player recently told me that he has fired catapults on home server with no repercussions.  Does this specifically apply to catapulting another player or his property?  Can I catapult my own things without being outlawed?

as far as i know (i could be wrong) but you lose no rep for destroying your own stuff but if you fire on a non allied deed you will lose rep.

like i said i may be wrong tho

I tested this:

You lose 5 allignment per wall you destroy. Not 30 rep. Also this applys to house walls, not fences/gates.

I have yet to try catapult a house on-deed so that might be where the -30 comes from.

I've catapulted walls and lost no repuation at all.

I've catapulted on my deed at houses wthat I held the writ to and those I didn't.

If you catapoult somebody else's house that's off deed you will lose rep and not damage the house.

I thought Rolf removed the ability to damage other people's buildings unless on the writ as a guest

You can definitely damage off-deed houses that you aren't on the writ for with a catapult.  I hadn't noticed the rep loss though but if it's only -5 per hit then I guess it wouldn't have mattered for a 1-tile shack.  This was like a month ago.

I know Sillyma used a catapult to knock down the houses in Bear Bay once the deed expired and he lost no Rep.  I think all in all he destroyed like 6 buildings and nothing. 

I take it this is a recent change if you are loosing Rep ?

Woooahh i must edit my posts, i should have said you lose 5 allignment D:

only if you fire on deed you loose rep otherwise no even if its your own deed :)

I have a HS deed on an Alt writ-holder with all settings enabled as an ally (I am a member of a village so i neeed this).  I tried to catapult a wall on the deed and found out that I lost 30 REP (as an allly).  I logged on my Alt and I noticed in the deed it says destroy buildings and wall plans but no mention of unfinished or finished walls.

I guess this is where the confusion over the 30 rep loss occurs as many have the same sort of setup. Im not sure if this is by design or oversight.  Guess I will have to drag my alt up to the remote site to use the catapult.

Recently - about a month ago I think - I used a catapult to remove some low stone walls just outside the Udgaard deed (Home). I fired it a lot, removed 10+ walls total, and I had no rep loss what so ever.

Could it be that the catapult can be used with no rep loss on fences and stone walls (low and tall), but your reputation gets damaged if it's fired on houses - be it stone or wooden. Because why would you want to destroy house walls on Home anyway? If you want the house gone you can destroy it with the writ ...

The wiki was probably written that way to keep nabs from building catapults on home. It should stay that way.

Ways to lose rep:

Hitting a person. I got slammed by an unfinished slab and the person firing got docked 30 rep for it.

Hitting a structure when you are not on the writ through whatever method. Not sure what the rep loss is exactly.

Firing on a deed where you are not a citizen/ally with permission to destroy walls/structures.

If it's not one of these three things, you don't lose rep.

So if the lord of a town fires at a house on his deed, he gets penalized just because he doesn't hold the writ?

The wiki was probably written that way to keep nabs from building catapults on home. It should stay that way.

Ways to lose rep:

Hitting a person. I got slammed by an unfinished slab and the person firing got docked 30 rep for it.

Hitting a structure when you are not on the writ through whatever method. Not sure what the rep loss is exactly.

Firing on a deed where you are not a citizen/ally with permission to destroy walls/structures.

False, You get 0 rep loss but 5 allignment loss per wall destroyed (not hit) ;)

Non-premiums can't use catapults anyway.  The strength requirement is too high.

Ways to lose rep:

This is true for all gods? I didn't notice my alignment falling.

Ways to lose rep:

This is true for all gods? I didn't notice my alignment falling.

I have no god ;P