Cayce

Deeds cut off from highway despite being connected

Hi!

When connecting my deed to the highway system, I ran into a really weird thing, not quite sure if this is a bug or a user error here, but I really hope you can look into it.

There is a deed on Harmony called Schitt's Creek, that somehow cutts of several villages north of it from the highway system, despite being connected to both the deeds in the south and in the north.

For example:
When I try to find a route from my deed (Silent Desire) to the starter town Heartland, then I am not able to find it. When I am past Schitt's Creek, I can find the route to Heartland, but not back to my deed.

This is the waystone in Schitt's creek connecting all others and which seems to cause the break:

sdoq5xzy.png

hj7whgeq.png

As you can see, there are a lots of unknowns on the waystone and you're not able to find most of the deeds (sometimes even none) when trying to find a route via this waystone.

This is the waystone directly north of Schitt's Creek, showing very few deeds, while still being connected to Schitt's Creek:

n85v8zws.png

This is the waystone directly south of Schitt's Creek, showing all other deeds and also being connected to Schitt's Creek:

ru3wwix7.png

Now I tried to fix this by making an alternate route where the road leads around Schitt's Creek in the east of the deed, however this does not work. Even if I remove one of the catseyes connecting Schitt's Creek to the highway (it's still connected via two other roads) there is a point where the connecting between the deeds in the south and those in the north is broken, despite there being a road with catseyes that does not lead through Schitt's Creek at all.

My guess is that the the waystone in Schitt's Creek has too many connections (it has signs into 5 different directions, two of them leading nowhere) - but even if this is the case, this should not break the highway leading around the deed, so this seems to be some kind of bug? 

Either way I'm not really sure how to get a working connection from our deeds in the north to the deeds in the south and back without breaking the catseyes that lead to Schitt's Creek, as it seems once there is a connection to the waystone in that deed, it breaks the highway. Unfortunately I don't know who owns the deed and have not seen anyone online there who I could have talked to to try and fix this.

I hope you can look into this.

Not exactly sure if it applies to your situation, but an arrow from a waystone that points to another waystone on the same deed will just say 'unknown' unless you've set a destination target deed that the arrow label will point to instead.

Waystones just can't indicate the same deed in a direction that they're already on.

If you're approaching from off-deed on a connected road, it should still point towards your deed until it reaches the first waystone actually on your deed, and from there on it'll simply label 'unknown' when pointing towards another waystone deeper on your same deed.

Not sure this applies directly to all of the different issues you've pointed out, but please consider the above.

5 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Not exactly sure if it applies to your situation, but an arrow from a waystone that points to another waystone on the same deed will just say 'unknown' unless you've set a destination target deed that the arrow label will point to instead.

Waystones just can't indicate the same deed in a direction that they're already on.

If you're approaching from off-deed on a connected road, it should still point towards your deed until it reaches the first waystone actually on your deed, and from there on it'll simply label 'unknown' when pointing towards another waystone deeper on your same deed.

Not sure this applies directly to all of the different issues you've pointed out, but please consider the above.

Thanks for your reply :)

Unfortunately it's a different issue, I'll try to explain it in more detail

• If I go to the Waystone on my deed and click "Find route", I only get a list of about 15 deeds instead of the list of all the deeds connected to the Highway. I can, for example, not locate Heartland, as it's not in the list of deeds and is not found when entering it manually. Schitt's Creek is on the list though, which means it's connected to the same Highway as I am.

• When standing at the Waystone in Schitt's Creek (there is only one), I am unable to find a route to most of the deeds. When clicking on the waystone itself, there is a pretty small list of deeds to set a route to. When clicking on one of the signs of that waystone, it shows none, as if no deed is connected to Schitt's Creek. However, the waystone IS connected to both the south and north part of the Highway.
    On a side note: one of the "unknown" signs is pointing to a waystone out of the deed, so I believe it should not show unknown but instead one of the neighbour deeds? 🤔

• When checking the waystone directly south of Schitt's Creek, "Find route" will show a list of almost all deeds on the server connected to the Highway system, however, I can't find any deed north of Schitts Creek, such as my own. Schitts Creek however, is listed.

--> This means, Schitt's Creek is connected both with the north and south, however it somehow separates the deeds connected with it.

Here is a map on how the highways are laid out currently:
lv9ckm7q.png

I hope this makes sense :D 

Thank you for the diagram, and indeed it would seem that the possibility I'd offered isn't the case in this situation.

Perhaps follow the catseye highway to verify that well past your deed it's still connected to the overall Harmony grid map?

I've noticed in general that there are places where a catseye highway had a catseye removed (apparently violating game rules as no bypass was even attempted) and it disconnected those deeds on one side from the deeds on the opposite side.

Not saying's it's necessarily the case here, but something perhaps worthy of investigating.

For example, if in the server map there's a catseye highway that connects  (west to east) Alpha -> Beta -> Gamma -> Delta -> Epsilon -> Wau -> other deeds joined on the server map grid, etc.

and assuming your deed is deed Beta, and the arrow pointing east from your Beta waystone shows Gamma -> Delta -> Epsilon and nothing further in that direction, I'd strongly consider checking the catseye highway between waystones Epsilon and Wau to be sure it's complete with no breaks in between.

The above is just an example, and would  need to be adapted to the actual layout of the highway you're posting about.

I went and had a look at this.

As far as I can tell the waystone in Schitt's Creek is messed up somehow and interfering with the other nearby waystones and preventing them from connecting properly. It has a two catseye length highway on the west and north west of it that might be the cause.

If the deed owner Darkker is around ask him to try and fix it otherwise I suggest a support ticket so a GM can come and take a look.

• Like 2

Somebody submitted a support ticket for this so a GM has taken action. The highway routing should now be working around Schitt's Creek.

• Like 2

Thanks so much to whoever checked it out! The Highway system is now working, find route finally shows me all deeds connected to the Highway :) 

Here's a screenshot of the now super long deed list :D 

gvnkcop4.png

• Like 2