Sign in to follow this  
joedobo

rift points per second tool

Do you think a tool to estimate your rift point accumulation while rifting would be useful? I'll call it Rift Points Per Second or RPPS.

We players know some useful information for this. I'd like to know if you think the theory here will work out.

• We know about our DPS for our weapon. This and the target creature's DR will provide a way to estimate how much damage is being done to the rift mob. We know rift mob damage point potential from the testing post. I included it below. Say you're attacking an Ogre Mage, you hit every time at 3sec swing, and do about 10% damage per hit. Here your RPPS would be: 15 * 0.1 / 3 = 0.5.  As you move around, stop to heal, or fight different creatures the RPPS will update with a cumulative average.
  • We know when combat starts by getting a "You target an old rift beast." from event.  I don't think we can clearly see when that target dies. But we can check combat log for attacks every interval based on our weapon attack speed. This should measure the time interval for attacking.
  • Glance and miss rates can be measured. I think there is a lot of potential for advising on glance and miss while fighting. For example, "You're missing more than normal, Are you directly facing your target?" 
  • Depending on how precise this ends up being I may not use numbers. For things that can directly be measured, like miss and glance rate, those could be specific numbers. 
  • If it's not too hard for a player to estimate CR and to estimate the CR of the target, then a tool could advise whether it's beneficial RPPS wise to fight it.

Lastly, why is the War Master zero damage points? This just encourages players to tag it and go fight other things. Is this an error from the testing post?

+-----------------------+
|creature    |kp   |dp  |
|Beast       | 0.25| 4  |
|Jackal      | 0.25| 5  |
|Summoner    | 0.25| 7.5|
|Caster      | 0.25| 7.5|
|Ogre        | 1   | 15 |
|Ogre Mage   | 1   | 15 |
|War Master  | 20  | 0  |
|Rift turrets| 1   | 0  |

War Master heals himself and it was going to be confusing to players why they are no longer getting points once he outputs 100% of his hp worth of points. Thus he is a point piñata instead. This also helps out newer players who stick it out and brave getting within range of the war master.

healing turrents!  That makes sense why WM is 0 damage points.

On another subject, I had hoped I'd get some advise if this would work and if it would be useful.  I suppose I can try to make it and see if it's useful. I'm not looking for someone to do it. I can write this level of code in Python.