Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Hitch a ride with a wagoner

Allow players to ride as a passenger on a wagoner's wagon, for a small fee. 

- Travel only to deeds on the highway system, listed in Find A Route.
- Ride request must be made at an actual wagoner's camp.
- Small percentage of fee goes to upkeep of deed where the wagoner camp is located.

My thought process here is that wagoner wagons already "exist" in the world - most of us have seen one traveling at some point. And a lot of us tried to embark as a passenger the first time we saw one. :P

The fee charged could perhaps scale by tile count, so that the longer the trip, the higher the fee. 
Newer players might benefit from the ability to travel long distances in relative safety, even if unable to yet pilot a cart or ride a horse. A discounted wagoner travel fee could even be part of the newbie package. Event locations could have the fee to travel there waived during the event?

Other than deeds, and the few trader items, there aren't many gold sinks in the game. I think something like this adds a small one that could be useful.

• Like 7

ive discussed this many times with other players. this would be a cool feature. no idea how hard it would be to do, but given how the route is allready there. just needs to support characters. but i guess, untill the very mystical and seldom premature dumping of goods is fixed this might not be a good idea? not sure i want to end up in the ether like all the animals we have lead over the borders over the years :S

2 hours ago, bunnlose said:

ive discussed this many times with other players. this would be a cool feature. no idea how hard it would be to do, but given how the route is allready there. just needs to support characters. but i guess, untill the very mystical and seldom premature dumping of goods is fixed this might not be a good idea? not sure i want to end up in the ether like all the animals we have lead over the borders over the years :S

I’ve been to the ether :S sailed into the exact corner of the server and it booted me to the starter town with none of my items 😅

Edited by Gawain