The weekly maintenance restart will happen on Wednesday, May 1st this week.
Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Current Server shown on screen

Using the /who command works for finding out what server you're on, but it's not intuitive. Wouldn't it be possible to simply show what server you're currently on somewhere on your screen, like part of your character info bar? Or perhaps part of the compass? I feel like this should be something on by default, which could be toggled off.

This would be useful not only for new players getting their bearings, but for travelers making a lot of server crossings. 

just get them to press M and look on the map, they all have it written there too in the top left area

Edited by Toeol
  • Like 2

I'm also pretty sure /who runs when you log in, it also shows in the loading bar right before you log in. I can't think of how much more obvious to make it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pheonixluvsfire said:

I'm also pretty sure /who runs when you log in, it also shows in the loading bar right before you log in. I can't think of how much more obvious to make it.

The problem with this, especially for new players, is that a flurry of activity will push this far back or even out of Event. With Wurm being so text-heavy, it's prone to information overload in the Event window.

Also, does /who run by default now? Used to be you had to add it to your startup file. 

Edited by Schiann

I agree, this is very helpful for new players. Make it a UI element that can easily be turned off by someone who doesn't need it, but is turned on for new players by default.