Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Village/town - deeds with bonuses

Adding a bonus/boost for deeds that touch each other should change the attitude of players and naturally create villages and cities.

The size of bonus may depend on size of deeds and their numbers.
In this way, security and privacy (private deed) will be combined with advantage of being part of a community.

Architects from Wurm will probably come up with an application for perimeter spaces between deeds... roads or shared warehouses with an interesting design.

Edit 1:

Types of bonuses:
1. Lower upkeep
2. Higher skill gain
3. Higher chance of success when crafting / constructing / upgrading items and buildings
4. Higher chance of success when casting spells
5. +1 CR for deed residents, even when outside of it
6. longer life span for animals
7. plants and trees grow faster
8. faster action execution without changing to skill gain

The owner of deed selects bonus that his deed receives in a similar way as he chooses the title for himself.

9. Random - once every 7 days one of above bonuses is drawn, but it is 20-30% higher than bonus selected by player.

Edited by Darnok

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

But why?

This idea takes nothing away from anyone, on the contrary, it adds a new style of play.

Players who want to play as before (now), i.e. live in separation and have access to a large space and resources, will still be able to play like this, but groups who want to create communities will be able to settle in one place and limit access to resources a bit, in return they will receive bonuses.

Naw, -1. There's literally thousands of other improvements to the game that I'd rather see than anything like this and I'd hate for our devs, with their limited time and resources try to implement this idea