Sign in to follow this  
MrCak

Repetitive/Timed actions

I am working on a small... Avante garde deed.

It is an 11x11 meditation trail filled in with crops and lined by trellis...trellises? And at each corner is an oven, meditation rug, altar and planter rack. 

The premise is to walk the deed and grind instead of grinding in place, efficient? Maybe not but it suits me.

Does anyone have any ideas or skill grinds to add that would work well that I didn't list above?

Close to rock so you can prospect too? With animals along the path for AH.

• Like 1

Tracking for a bit of characteristics?

Plant some thorn bush, walk into it and heal up with cotton?

Archery *cough*

Going through the skills list should help giving some ideas.

• Like 1

imo best have 2 spots to grind skill and rotate them as you need it.. you can examine the building to keep track in your logs where you do your last meditation as dc/crash/RL/etc events happen and could happen to lose track where you meditated last, always use a cart or horse to move around from the 1 to the other place.. you'll lose less time from walking if that bothers you;

Seems really pointless to grind the way you as you move, it's just not efficient, but if you cant bother to do it other way.. you'll certainly get a few skills while rotating around your deed, just do not speed up the earth's rotation or slow it down while you do that.

Because of bsod/dc issues long ago.. I had ws/bs/fc/ss/etc.. 1-tile shed to meditate and grind any thing small with spare grind while not going after the main skill I work on.. had the shed just 11 tiles away from the forge where I'd normally grind and moved between these 2.. if I lose track where last meditation happened( since I was last to examine the location ), I just picked a 3rd random location 11 away from the two.

Not ideal.. but worked for me at the time... meditation is simply painful and unpleasant skill to grind.

Edited by Finnn
hopefully you know you can log out for a minute and meditate on same spot instead.. but again.. client restart, timing, etc... meditation is...
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Donutkebab said:

Tracking for a bit of characteristics?

Plant some thorn bush, walk into it and heal up with cotton?

Archery *cough*

Going through the skills list should help giving some ideas.

Those a great ideas, archery would be perfect!

3 hours ago, Aeryck said:

Close to rock so you can prospect too? With animals along the path for AH.

I never considered prospecting, I fo have exactly one corner on stone. Does that count as mining? As I am a Vynora priest and she is picky about that dor some reason. Hahs

56 minutes ago, Finnn said:

imo best have 2 spots to grind skill and rotate them as you need it.. you can examine the building to keep track in your logs where you do your last meditation as dc/crash/RL/etc events happen and could happen to lose track where you meditated last, always use a cart or horse to move around from the 1 to the other place.. you'll lose less time from walking if that bothers you;

Seems really pointless to grind the way you as you move, it's just not efficient, but if you cant bother to do it other way.. you'll certainly get a few skills while rotating around your deed, just do not speed up the earth's rotation or slow it down while you do that.

Because of bsod/dc issues long ago.. I had ws/bs/fc/ss/etc.. 1-tile shed to meditate and grind any thing small with spare grind while not going after the main skill I work on.. had the shed just 11 tiles away from the forge where I'd normally grind and moved between these 2.. if I lose track where last meditation happened( since I was last to examine the location ), I just picked a 3rd random location 11 away from the two.

Not ideal.. but worked for me at the time... meditation is simply painful and unpleasant skill to grind.

My main goals are farming and beverage (which means gardening) so the walking is partially unavoidable. I can condense the things I need to harvest to 4 per tile and dump the tea at each corner into a large container (though with Aerycks advice I wonder if I can feed tea to pigs)

So I can compress my daily walk zig zagging through my deed to a small area and sacrifice very little in gains.

You can only meditate every 30 mins though correct? I was kind of matching the quality of the oven to burn out the sametime I was up for meditation for ash scooping but your post makes me question my understanding.

5 hours ago, MrCak said:

My main goals are farming and beverage (which means gardening) so the walking is partially unavoidable. I can condense the things I need to harvest to 4 per tile and dump the tea at each corner into a large container (though with Aerycks advice I wonder if I can feed tea to pigs)

So I can compress my daily walk zig zagging through my deed to a small area and sacrifice very little in gains.

You can only meditate every 30 mins though correct? I was kind of matching the quality of the oven to burn out the sametime I was up for meditation for ash scooping but your post makes me question my understanding.

you should keep the tea... use it for beverages grind or sell it;

you can meditate 5x times a day with 30minute delays;

after the 5th meditation is done, wait for 3hours and you can meditate again, this is repeatable every 3 hours until "/uptime" command rounds 24 hours or the server is restarted... once either happens you get back to first 5x with 30min delays, there's "no limit" how many times you can meditate, besides the time delays :D