Sign in to follow this  
Khaleesi

papyrus burn

Hi, today i saw that papyrus in forge doesn't burn.  

We don't have possibility to burn it using activate item. 

TGeV0Ch.jpeg

Its stays glowing from heat.

My suggestion is to make it burnable :D   

if it some kind of bug please move this thread

I would not be happy with that. Admittedly, it would be RL logical, but reed and wemp do not burn either, so doesn't leather (backpacks e.g., thanks the deities for).

For disposal, one can put papyrus into trash heaps, or sac them.

Unlike most burnable objects, paper and papyrus can be inscribed, meaning they may potentially hold useful or important information, which would be lost if burned by accident.  I think it would be fine to allow paper and papyrus to burn, as long as there was a conditional statement in the code to prevent *inscribed* paper and papyrus, as well as books, from being burned.

• Like 3

easy, inscribe metal sheets, they wont burn

paper never gets to see fire in wurm, taking this long to figure that it works that way proves it :D

on the other hand, we've seen/heard stories of normal or rare/+ items being burned in forges on purpose or by accident, most often that happens with shields and spears at impalongs ( :D

I do not mind dumping paper pages in bsb or sacrificing them to get rid of such(archaeology reports that were pulled out are practically useless item that is still blank paper, BUT now can't be returned in bsb/crate for #wogic reasons, only way to get rid of such is sacrificing them