Sign in to follow this  
Oberrill

Animal and tree aging

Is animal and tree aging going to be fixed? 226 hours into the game and not one of my animals has aged. Ridiculous!! How could you even put this game up for sale without having fixed this problem first!!? Patch after useless patch but no patch for what really matters. It should have been obvious a single player game was not going to be running except while being played but no provision for animal and tree aging was made.

Stop with the dds patches and create a patch that matters.

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

If you shut down server then they stop ageing.

Well ya. That was the point of my post. Trees and animals should have accelerated aging as do gardens. It makes no sense that after 226 hours of play my animals have not aged.

It makes perfect sense if you consider that there are many servers that run 24/7.

Your gametime is equivalent to 2.7 ingame months. The switch from young to adolescent happens at 3 months.

There is also a mod in the modloader package that should increase aging until mature. It's not explicitly listed but it's still present as CreatureAgeMod in the package.

If it makes so much sense, explain why there is acceleration for gardens. The concept that acceleration is necessary for the many people who do not run the game except when they play is quite simple.

Another question is why is there no warning on the store page about this problem.

Thanks for the mod idea. I will look give it a go.