Sign in to follow this  
Argain

Can't Connect to LAN Server

I have a LAN server that's working just fine, but when my wife tries to connect to it the client just sits on the "Connecting to server..." screen forever.

We've tried entering a different name into her client's "Name" box, deleting the "PlayerProfiles" folder and creating a new profile, and even completely reinstalling Wurm Unlimited but nothing seems to work. The server is hosted on my pc and I connect to it without issue?

Interesting note: when we completely reinstalled Wurm Unlimited on her pc, her player profile still existed.

Tried inviting her to game via Steam and it said "Server not responding"... perhaps her issue with connecting to my LAN server has something to do with Steam?

Are you using Family Share account?  She cannot play the same game as you on that, has to be her own steam account and her own game purchase.

The first thing that comes to mind that would be limiting you and your wife from playing together would be:

A.) She is connecting externally from the internet to try and connect to the Wurm Unlimited server running on your computer that's most likely sitting behind a router with built-in NAT / Firewall

B.) You have more than one router in your house, in which case similar situation as situation A.

C.) The firewall running on your local computer is preventing incoming connections on the ports needed for game clients to connect to the server.