Sign in to follow this  
Lycanthropic

[solved] Cant launch WU - solution inside

Alrighty, it worked yesterday morning, but me clicking the same buttons, suddenly results in failure.

So here it is, I wanted to play on a "creative" server.

Yesterday, I hit "manage server"

Then I choose "creative" in the database I wanted to use.

•  
  • Server settings: I only changed the "home server kingdom" I set it to "1"
  •  
  • Advance Server settings: I didnt touch anything in there
  •  
  • Gameplay Tweaks: I only set fighting skill to 70
  •  
  • Twitter settings and Maintenance: didnt change anything there
  •  

In the "player" menu, I set my dev powers to 5

I hit save on every tab, then went back to the first tab and clicked on the green "Start Server" button, and in my LAN part of the wurmclient startscreen, my "New Creative.." appeared, I clicked on it, choose connect, and bam, I was in my own little wurm world.

I flew around a bit and flattend some dirt, and that was about it before irl called me.

Today

I start up steam today, and I see its downloading a patch for WU, I let it download and click "play".

Wurm clientstart screen appears, but my creative server from yesterday isnt in the "LAN" tab anymore, so I thought: "oh, probably have to start it again with the green button in "manage server".

So I go to "manage server", all settings are still like I left them yesterday, and I hit the green "start server" button.

In the black command prompt window that opens up with this, suddenly a bunch of lines start appearing and the black command prompt window disapears before I can even scroll up to see the error message (let alone even read whats on there).

And thats it, no "creative server" in my LAN-tab like yesterday, nothing to connect to, like yesterday.

Literraly nothing changed on my computer/steam since yesterday, only thingdifferent is the patch for WU that downloaded.

So thats most likely what is causing me to not be able to start my own server, since yesterday it worked like a charm :s

I'd like to know what the error message that pops up in the command prompt, but I cant even find where errorlogs are saved.

So yeah, any help? advice? why it suddenly stopped working for me after todays WU-patch?

EDIT:

This is the basic command prompt that appears when I click the brown "manage server" button in the start screen:

8fWF3wF.png

After I click the green "start server" button, allot of text suddenly appears in the command prompt and then just closes

EDIT 2:

Alrighty, with my awesome prtscrn skills, I managed to capture this in the nick of time, not, allot of the error is not on it since so many text appears:

Fsu3diD.jpg

Just a bit irritated that the game worked perfectly fine yesterday, and the patch today broke it for me x_x

Edited by Lycanthropic

Make a backup your server folder and run one of the _backup servers by renaming one of them to Creative.

=> If that works your server is corrupt and you might need to regenerate the database.

=> If that doesn't work reinstall the server and copy your backup into the folder again.

Edited by Sklo:D

Make a backup your server folder and run one of the _backup servers by renaming one of them to Creative.

=> If that works your server is corrupt and you might need to regenerate the database.

=> If that doesn't work reinstall the server and copy your backup into the folder again.

Euhm, I'm very noobisch when it comes to this stuff, I basically just hit "start server"  and it popped up in lan an I connected to it and could play it, so I thought "pfew, that was 100% noob-friendly" to get this stuff running.

So yeah, where do I find this "_backup servers" on my computer? x_x You might have to spoonfeed me through this XD

Or is it better for my limited knowledge to just uninstall WU and reinstall it and try again from scratch?

Depends a bit on your OS and your PC, ususally at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher

EDIT:

Well indeed the IP should be assigned automatically each time because IPs change on Desktop PCs really often. I guess this is a bug.

Edited by Sklo:D

Depends a bit on your OS and your PC, ususally at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher

Thanks Sklo for helping me trying to solve this, but it looks like it was something simple like my IP adress having changed since yesterday and it not updating in WU, Holeron's link worked.

Just because I am curious in this, could you tell me the first two "bytes" (xxx.xxx) of your IP address pls?

Just because I am curious in this, could you tell me the first two "bytes" (xxx.xxx) of your IP address pls?

What does this tell you? XD I'm curious why you are curious ;)

Edited by Lycanthropic

It just tells me that your router is the problem, as it doesn't remember your IP, maybe the Lease time of the DHCP is too short. That is the reason why the IP changes. Normally the IP doesn't change in a private LAN.

Btw. 192.168 just tells me that your are connected to the internet via a Router that does NAT/PAT with DHCP and so on.