Sign in to follow this  
MootRed

x1024 CUSTOM MAPS DO NOT WORK

it does not. i wish it did.

Try to clean up insertwurmzones.sql and insertwurmitems.sql files before running rebuild-dbs.bat:

1. Backup the whole sqlite directory (just in case something will go wrong).

2. Open insertwurmzones.sql in a text editor and delete all lines starting with "INSERT INTO FOCUSZONES". Save as text (not word document etc.), but be sure it has insertwurmzones.sql name after saving.

3. Open insertwurmitems.sql in a text editor, delete everything and paste the following:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;

/* No items inserted on install. */

COMMIT;

Save as text (not word document etc.), but be sure it has insertwurmitems.sql name after saving.

4. Open insertwurmcreatures.sql to be sure it has no line beginning with "INSERT INTO".

5. Run rebuild-dbs.bat.

6. Check in Sqlite browser whether tables CREATURES, ITEMS and ZONES are empty.

P.S. I have not tested the resulting database in-game, but this prevents rebuild-dbs.bat from loading built-in zones and items designed for Creative map.

Edited by AK_

I'm getting Loading Servers and nothing else happens when trying to load my 2048 custom map - first time I've tried it.  I used the method described here:

Any suggestions please?  the Wurm.log.0 file looks clean.

STEP 1: Navigate to your WU directory or dedicated server directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server) by default. 

STEP 2: Copy the "Adventure" folder and paste it to make a new server folder ("Adventure" seems to work best?). (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\Adventure - Copy) or (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure - Copy). 

STEP 3: Rename this folder to match your server (or what ever you want). For example: "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmServerLauncher\MYSERVER" or "\Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\MYSERVER". "MYSERVER" being anything you want it to be. 

STEP 4: Copy your custom map files into your new server folder- they should overwrite the old ones. For reference the files you need are "flags.map", "map_cave.map", "resources.map", "rock_layer.map", and "top_layer.map" 

STEP 5: In your server folder navigate to the folder "sqlite". 

STEP 6: In the "sqlite" folder find and execute "rebuild-dbs.bat"; when prompted to continue in the command window, type "y" and press enter- wait until it finishes and states to "press any key to continue". 

STEP 7: Start WU or the dedicated server. If starting WU go to "Manage server" 

STEP 8: In the "Manage server" menu select your new server from the drop down menu on the top. 

STEP 9: Edit your server settings and start your server 

I had the same problem above with a 1024x custom map I fixed it by following the above steps, and then loading the map back into the map generator, re-saving the files and then rebuilding the database again.