Sign in to follow this  
Carnaxus

Crashed on spawn

So just as the title says, hosted a local server, connected, picked my character's gender, and crashed.

Crash stacktrace:

Writing to PlayerFiles\players\Kikriana\test_logs\_Event.2015-10.txtLogin successfulCopied default file /autorun.txt to PlayerFiles\configs\default\autorun.txtExecuting PlayerFiles\configs\default\autorun.txtRefresh completeResized terrain FBOs to 256Now using reflection FBO (512)Initializing font texture for SansSerif (12). Texture Size: 128Initializing font texture for SansSerif (15, bold). Texture Size: 256Writing to PlayerFiles\players\Kikriana\test_logs\GL-none.2015-10.txtWriting to PlayerFiles\players\Kikriana\test_logs\none.2015-10.txtWriting to PlayerFiles\players\Kikriana\test_logs\Trade.2015-10.txtOct 21, 2015 11:19:02 AM com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass addClothingWARNING: Could not add clothing id : 1Oct 21, 2015 11:19:02 AM com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass addClothingWARNING: Could not add clothing id : 7Oct 21, 2015 11:19:02 AM com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass addClothingWARNING: Could not add clothing id : 8Oct 21, 2015 11:19:02 AM com.wurmonline.client.comm.ServerConnectionListenerClass addClothingWARNING: Could not add clothing id : 516Execution aborted at connection 1, iteration 71Run time 8s, local time Wed Oct 21 11:19:03 PDT 2015Destroying game window====== CLIENT CRASH ======Unexpected crash while playingjava.lang.NullPointerException	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.PlayerBodyRenderable.buildPlayerMesh(PlayerBodyRenderable.java:1714)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.PlayerBodyRenderable.updatePlayerModelMesh(PlayerBodyRenderable.java:1653)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.PlayerBodyRenderable.renderEquipment(PlayerBodyRenderable.java:348)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderPlayerModel(WorldRender.java:2071)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderPlayer(WorldRender.java:2094)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderSurface(WorldRender.java:2274)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderCells(WorldRender.java:2154)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderReflectionInternal(WorldRender.java:1389)	at com.wurmonline.client.renderer.WorldRender.renderReflection(WorldRender.java:1336)	at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGameLoop(WurmClientBase.java:508)	at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runConnectionLoop(WurmClientBase.java:329)	at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.runGame(WurmClientBase.java:311)	at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(WurmClientBase.java:1485)	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Full error log

Server log said "Client authenticated" and then on the very next line said "Client NOT authenticated."  Dunno if that's relevant.

Ninja-edit:

Just tried again and it's working.  Still a bug though.

Non-ninja-edit:

Started up my local server in creative instead of adventure, selected my gender, crash.  Seems to be an issue with actually selecting gender.

Edited by Carnaxus

I have the same problem. The only thing I could ever do was selecting gender, after that I always crashed on spawn.

The last line in my log reads that no mapping for hair6 could be found.

I don't know which is worse, getting just to that point or where I hit which is walk around, find a horse, lead the horse, mount the horse - client crash.  installed dedicated server, now it doesn't crash when you mount. just when you disembark :D

Walking isn't all that bad, right?

Edited by KageTenshi

Potential side effect of this bug: I did not get a popup to choose my kingdom, both when it crashed and the next time when it didn't.