Sign in to follow this  
Desereck

Accessible gaming

What handicapped accessible options if any are included?:I am a Quadriplegic that uses SmartNav to control the mouse and I have had issues with the looking around on the normal client.

Edited by Desereck

We have a free mouselook option, you could try binding that to a key, then left clicking once to return to normal view mode.

To bind it, go into the wurm console and type:

bind key "toggle mouselook"

Key can be anything on the keyboard, or also additional mouse buttons like mouse4, mouse5 etc.

Hope that helps!

That might be the problem. The SmartNav uses an IR laser to track head movement and equates according to screen position.

When looking around WO I'll be sent into an unending spin unless the sensitivity is almost off.

If people try to use this in VR, headlook and movement need to be done at the same time and is much more natural to have both inputs - be it head trackers or other independent directional controls.

Edited by yarnevk

I have SMA and only have the use of 2 fingers (and some toes - but I havnt started using those for Wurm yet lol) and I pvp actively on epic. I'm using a small touchpad and a mini-numpad. Wurm is the only "competitive" game out there that I actually can attend. on somewhat equal terms, thanks to the slow pace - but mostly due to the diversity and flexibility with that there is almost no limits on how you want to set-up your keybinds and movement. I've tried games like GTA, DayZ and loads of MMOs without even coming close to finding a set-up that is playable for my specific situation. I don't have any experience with smartnav so maybe this isn't relevant to you - but I can really recommend Wurm to those with very limited physical strength but with some finger functions.

Is smartnav some kind of eyetracking? I've been thinking about looking in to that

Edited by permo